Chapter 23: It felt so right.

As soon as their lips collided, sparks flew, butterflies erupted, and a feeling of gratification ran through their bodies. It was quick—just a peck, after which they both separated wide-eyed, scared to death.

What had happened?

They'd kissed.

Shit. Sebastian thought. He didn't regret kissing her. He'd never. The thought that made him worry was what Veronica thought of him now. And, it was Veronica's first kiss, and he hadn't considered it before letting the nymph in him take control and going in for the kiss. It should have been so much more special for her than this peck. He thought. It was his first kiss too, but he was more than happy that Veronica was the first kiss and didn't care if it was special because with her everything seemed to be special. All he cared about was how it felt so right when their lips touched. How soft her lips were. How euphoric it was.

Veronica stared wide-eyed at him, wondering what had happened. Was it a mistake? It wasn't for her. It never could be. She wished it wasn't one for him too. She was panicking. Taking a deep breath, she stuttered, "I- uh- uh-"

Her voice was so meek, her cheeks tainted with red. Her eyes now afraid to meet his. He sighed, brought one hand under her chin, and lifted her face to be met with her brown pools of that had so many emotions swirling in them.

They both gulped as soon as their eyes met. Taking a deep breath, Sebastian said, "I- I am sorry,"

Veronica's eyebrows furrowed, and her face turned into a frown; she asked an unsaid question through the look in her eyes- why was he sorry.

Sebastian continued, "I- Uh- is it okay if we talk about this later when Theodore and Laylah have left, and we have some time alone, and we're free?"

Veronica hoped to talk to him right then, but when he mentioned their best friends, reality snapped back, and she said, "Yes, sure. We should- I um, I think you should get ready for the day now while I get ready here..."

Sebastian nodded and unwrapped his arms that had caged her. Even though she hated the lack of warmth and would prefer being like that forever, she quickly rolled to the other side and got off the bed. Rubbing her eyes and opening them fully.

Sebastian got off the bed too; his hair was messy; he looked so fresh yet tired and hot and handso-

Okay, she needed to stop and try not to pounce on him and get in his hug again because she'd figured that his hugs were her comfort. She was dependent on him but not in a wrong toxic way. In a way, she loved it. She craved to be there for him always, no matter what and have him by her side.

He looked at her with the same intensity she was looking at him with. Still, before letting himself lose control again, he took a deep breath, tilted his head toward the door, and gestured to her that he was leaving. Veronica nodded, and as soon as he left the room, she locked it and leaned against the wall.

She had had her first kiss! God, this was beautiful. Even though it was just a tiny little peck followed by major freaking awkwardness, the peck was mind-blowing. If she could, she would spend all her time snuggly with him, peppering kisses all over his gorgeous face, cracking jokes, drinking his 'smoothies,' watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and what not?

But she had to stop her train of thoughts and get ready to bid her best friend, Laylah, farewell. So she calmed herself and hurried off to the bathroom.

---

"ImighthavekissedSebastian," Veronica said, instead blurted out fast when she was in Laylah's room. They were packing, and Laylah seemed more silent than usual. Something was up, but Veronica didn't dig much because she knew, Laylah absolutely despised people who pried for more information and gossip.

As Laylah kept her last piece of clothing in her bag, she looked at Veronica, narrowed her eyes, and said, "Try that again, this time, at an audible pace." She got back again to her work. This was Laylah, an extremely cheerful girl most of the time, but when something went down, she was calm, scarily calm.

Veronica took a deep breath and said, "I might have kissed Sebastian,"

And that was it; the jovial Laylah was back; she jumped back around, her eyes widened, a smile on her face, she asked, raising her eyebrows, "You what?!"

"It was just a peck, but like-" Without letting Veronica finish, Laylah said instead shrieked, "OH MY GOD! YOU HAD YOUR FIRST KISS. YOU FUCKING KISSED SEBASTIAN. CHRIST IN HEAVENS, I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF-"

Laylah's smile and excitement were contagious. And no sooner had she gone back to being the cheery one than Veronica's smile broke out, and she squealed, "I KNOW, RIGHT! I am so frigging happy, but I'm concerned too, L..."

The last part of her speech came out as a sad whisper. Laylah's excitement faded, her eyebrows furrowed, and she asked, "What happened, Veronica?"

Veronica looked up at her and stopped fiddling with the hem of her sun dress; dead serious, she said, "The question isn't what has happened, Laylah. It is what is going to happen."

--x--

HIYA!

So so sorry for the late update! There were some emergencies and then I was facing a major writer's block! 

I hope the chapter's good. Also, I took down TAD because I feel it's too mature, I will review it and after editing it and making it a bit less mature, I'll republish it!

Have a great day!

Thanks for reading!:))

Love, 
Estrel <3