Chapter 3: "He's not little-"

"I know, right! I am so happy that she'll come this time!" Veronica said while folding her clothes and looking into the camera once in a while, for she was on facetime with her darling best friend, Sebastian. "Yeah, that's good. Even Theo is coming, so we won't be disturbed. They can keep themselves occupied while we have... fun." Sebastian said, smirking. 

He was shirtless, sitting on his couch, talking to her about "having fun." The things he did to fluster her were unimaginable. And even though it had been a long while since he had been doing these things, Ver couldn't help but be flustered. "And what is your definition of 'fun'?" Veronica asked, lifting her hands, doing the air quotes, and going back to folding her clothes. He looked at her and didn't answer. He stayed like that until she looked at him and asked him why wasn't he saying something. Then he started, "You see, sweetheart, I need your attention to be on me when I describe what 'fun' means." 

"Ahhh, look at you, needing my attention 24/7." Veronica retorted and went back to her work. "Sure, love," He paused and continued, "And there we have it! The girl who blushes whenever I say, love." He wasn't lying; Veronica was a tomato by now. But was she planning on accepting defeat and letting that idiot of hers win? No! Not a chance in hell! She thought to herself. 

So retorted, "You're seeing things." Sebastian said, "Just like you see me in your dreams?" Veronica said, "Sweetheart, I have a lot of better things to dream about than you." Sebastian looked at her with a pang of hurt in his eyes but then recovered and said, "Sure you have. I'll have to go now! Bye, love." And without waiting for her to bid him farewell, he hung up. 

"Weird," Veronica muttered under her breath, and by now, she had successfully packed her bag for the next day's trip!

This was going to be fun!

---

"Finally!" Laylah muttered as she entered the elevator to go to Sebastian's apartment, where Veronica and Sebastian were waiting for Laylah and Theodore, a friend of Sebastian, as Veronica had told her. 

Just as it was about to close, a handsome, tall man with a jaw that could cut through her gestured her to wait. She quickly pressed the button, which caused the doors to halt. 

This man was beautiful. He had an oh-so-lovely body and a face just the mixture of handsome and cute. His hair was messy like he had just gotten out of the shower and sure was in a hurry. His eyes were beautiful dark browns that looked down at her in amusement. Wait, looked down at her? Shit! Laylah thought to herself. She was caught staring. She quickly turned her gaze away from him and didn't dare to look back. But she could feel his stare on her. 

That's when Veronica called, and without letting her speak, Laylah said, "I'm coming," Veronica groaned and said, "You have been saying that for a long time Lay. You be here in the next 5 minutes, or I am disowning you." 

Laylah said, "Aww, V, don't disown me! Who will be your maid of honor in the grand wedding you have planned with your little idiot?" Yes. Veronica had planned her wedding just like many other girls; she was excited about the day. And well, let's just say that her specimen husband was Sebastian, not because she liked him or something. Note the sarcasm!

Veronica said through the phone, "First off, he's not little-" The smile on Layla's face only widened; she said, "Oh? So you know if he's little or not? Hmm, interesting. Anyways, I'll be there now; I am in the elevator. We'll talk then, okay?" Veronica just said, "Okay! Bye!" With that she hung up, and the elevator opened. She glanced at the handsome stranger before leaving to find all this while he was staring at her; flustered, she scurried off the lift and walked to Seb's apartment door. This was the first time she was coming there, but his name carved on the large nameplate made it pretty clear that "Mr. Sebastian Knight" owned the penthouse. Just as she was about to ring the doorbell, a muscular, beautiful hand came up and rang the bell. She turned around and looked up to see the hot stranger; she looked at him quizzically. He looked down at her, parted his lips, and said, "Theodore, Theodore Bianchi. But you can call me your idiot and, well, a big one." He then smirked at her. She looked at him with wide eyes, blinked twice, and introduced herself, "Oh, oh! Laylah, Laylah Rose. And no. Not calling you that." she said, shaking her head vigorously.

She was beyond flustered at this point and was sure that Veronica and Sebastian were either watching them through the camera or were doing the deed! What takes so long to open the door? 

She had never seen a man like this guy. He had a tinge of the Italian accent when he spoke, making her swoon. He made her melt, but she wasn't about to admit that by calling him a 'big' idiot. Not when that resembled Veronica's incessant love for Seb. She barely knew this guy, and even though she was flattered, she wasn't in love. Nope. 

He leaned down, smirking, clearly enjoying her flustered state, and said, "One day, you will, tesoro." She looked at him, sucked in a deep breath to calm her nerves down, which had popped because of the nickname, then she scoffed humorously, and as she was about to say something, the door opened. 

She turned around to see Veronica and Sebastian. She was shocked beyond belief. When she thought they might be doing the deed, she didn't actually think they would be! But now, she didn't know what to say or think. In front of her stood Sebastian and Veronica with messed up hair and not the "I just woke up" messed up hair. This was different.

--x--

I hope you enjoyed!:)

Until next time!

-Estrel <3