Chapter 6: "Promise."

"UGH! SEB!" A frustrated, sleep-deprived Veronica whined. It was 2 in the morning, and apparently, the time of the day Sebastian chose to annoy Veronica.

He started by switching the lights on and then went out without switching them back off! In addition, he started making a freaking smoothie or whatever because the mixer grinder started making its irritating noise, A SMOOTHIE AT 2. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Veronica thought to herself.

Laylah and Theodore didn't seem bothered because their rooms' ACs were switched on, and they weren't close to the kitchen, unlike Ver's, which was closer to the kitchen.

I am killing him. Done. Veronica thought to herself, drew the blanket off of her, got off the bed, and started marching towards the kitchen with determined steps and anger in her eyes. As soon as she went to the kitchen, her breath stuck, and it was as if she couldn't breathe for a few seconds because of the sight in front of her.

Without a t-shirt just on his sweatpants, Sebastian Knight was standing there in all his might, making a smoothie with the damned mixer grinder. There was a better mixer grinder, but Sebastian being Sebastian, used to the old one for this smoothie.

It was a sight to see, though. His arms flexed whenever he took something to put in his goddamn smoothie. His abs were well defined. Sweat was trickling down his forehead and abs because he hadn't switched the fan on, and it was hot. His hair was disheveled, but still, he managed to look so perfect.

Then after gawking at the masterpiece in front of her, Veronica finally looked up to meet his eyes, who had trailed down to her legs. She was only wearing an oversized hoodie. Her hair was up in a messy bun which had become a bird's nest while sleeping. Sebastian confidently checked her out twice and then looked at her eyes.

He grinned and said, "You're up."

Veronica looked at him frustrated, trying to hide her anger, clearly failing; as she saw Seb's grin grow wider, she started calmly and ended up yelling at Seb, "Sebastian Knight, may I know to what do I owe the FUDGING pleasure to be woken up by YOU at 2 in the FRIGGING MORNING?!"

"Can we watch Friends?" Sebastian asked, dropping his grin, doing the puppy eyes, which he knew, if Ver saw, could never disagree.

Veronica sighed, "What happened, Seb, sweetheart?" Veronica softened; she knew Seb wouldn't wake her and annoy her so much just for fun. So she tried talking to him.

"I might have had a bad dream..." Seb trailed off, not meeting Veronica's eyes. She stepped in front of him and lifted his face up so that he could look at her.

"You wanna talk about it?" cupping his face with one hand. She knew he had the habit of making smoothies when he was in a bad mood or if something was up, so she just hugged him.

He hugged her back tightly. Strike that off VERY tightly. As if he was afraid of losing her, he said, "You left me," Veronica tried looking up at him, and when Seb realized that, he loosened his grip. Ver looked up and said, "I won't. Ever. We'll always be together. I'll never ever leave you, Sebastian Knight. You have me forever." Sebastian's eyes lit up, and he looked down at her, tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, and asked,

"Promise?"

"Promise."

---

"Good Morning!" Laylah said as she went to wake Ver up. To her surprise, Veronica was not in her bed. She wasn't in the kitchen or anywhere else except Sebastian's room. Laylah hadn't gone there.

Theo was sitting on the couch, looking through his phone. Laylah said, "Theodore, do you want to see if our best friends are sleeping together?"

Theo looked at her with surprised eyes, "Why would I want to see my best friends having sex, tesoro?"

Laylah rolled her eyes, "Oh Lord. Do you want to check if they are sleeping, that is, actually sleeping and not the other sex sleeping together, tesoro?"

The realization hit Theodore, and he facepalmed and said, "Of course!"

Laylah took his hand and dragged him to Seb's room. Just before entering, she whispered, "Listen! If something is CUTE, then click a picture, I will also, but if they deny it and delete it from either of our phones, we'll at least have one more spare copy. But remember, ONLY IF IT IS CUTE. Do not click a picture if there's some explicit shit going on there, okie?"

Theodore looked down at her and said, "Dokieartichokie"

Laylah smiled at him, knowing what he was referring to, and they quietly opened the door to see a blanket fort around Seb's bed, warm lights switched on, and Veronica's cute little slippers just beside Seb's slippers by the bed. The room was totally chilled.

Theo and Laylah walked in and saw Veronica snuggled up in a blanket beside Seb. Sebastian had his hand around Ver's neck, and she had her arms around his torso. His very shirtless torso. They looked like the perfect couple. And Laylah was controlling the urge to squeal when she saw them like that.

As she looked at them with adoration, Theo walked back behind her and whispered into her ear, sending chills down her spine, "Can we do this sometime?" Ignoring the tingles, Laylah quickly clicked a picture and turned around to face Theo's chest. She looked up at him and whispered, "Let's get out of here before I castrate you in front of the lovely sleeping couple. We'll wake them up at uh, maybe 9."

Laylah retook Theo's hand in her hand and led him out of Seb's room, and closed the door as quietly as she could.

Sebastian had already woken up when they entered the room, but he stayed still and closed his eyes, wanting to see and hear what happened. After all, Veronica being in his hands all night had been his dream forever, and boy, did he always want to stay like that?

He saw everything through half-lidded eyes and did see how Theo looked at Laylah. He definitely knew something was up. As soon as he heard the door close, he opened his eyes fully and looked at the beauty snuggled up beside him. She looked so peaceful and calm while sleeping. She had a smile on her face. A frigging smile on her face. Wait a minute. People don't smile in their sleep, do they? That only happens in books and movies. Sebastian thought to himself. And as soon as he thought that, he saw those beautiful little eyes of hers opening.

She adjusted to everything, and without looking at Sebastian, she hugged him tighter. This made Sebastian go on cloud eighteen because he was already on nine. After all, they had spent the night together.

Even though they had been best friends, Ver and Seb never slept together at night. They did cuddle and shit but sleeping in the same bed at night was never a thing, and now that it happened once, both of them wondered if they were the only ones who wanted to make it a thing or did the other person; think that way too?

As she snuggled more, she looked up at him to see him looking at her with a heart-melting smile on his pretty face. She widened her eyes in shock and embarrassment and went to loosen her grip on his torso, but he pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. 

--x--

I hope you enjoyed:)

Until next time!

- Estrel<3