Chapter 14: "I couldn't keep it from you anymore. Hence."

"Hi!" An over-excited Sebastian exclaimed to hide his nervousness when Veronica opened the door. She was in her cute white oversized hoodie with light pink strawberries on its sleeves. The hoodie reached her mid-thigh, and she looked fucking adorable.

Veronica was stunned to see Sebastian to say the least. He was the last person she was expecting to show up, but the first person she wanted, rather, needed to be with her. He had showered. It was obvious. He was so fresh and... excited? At 1 AM? What was happening? Was she dreaming?

She realized she had been staring for too long and said, "Uh, Hii!" trying to match his excited voice and asked, "Is everything okay?"

You see, NO. Nothing is okay. I need to tell you many things, and you have become the love of my life. Heck. I don't know what to say. FRICK FRICK FRICK. I am not saying anything. Say something, Seb, you idiot. "Uhh, yeah, why?" Sebastian said after a long pause.

Veronica pursed her lips and chuckled dryly, and whispered, "Come in,"

Sebastian got in, not understanding what she was up to or why she was whispering. She continued, "Are you high, Sebastian?"

He whispered back, "No, why would you say that?"

"Maybe because you come to my room at around 1, and then when I ask if everything is okay, you say 'yeah.' That's good; I am glad everything is okay. But then you ask 'why?' On top of all that, you look like you've just showered and are excited as fudge. What's happening? Tell me." Ver whisper yelled.

He raised his eyebrows at her and then asked, "I'll answer all that, but why are we whispering?"

"Because I thought you were high...?" She whispered again.

Sebastian was shit-confused but continued whispering, "I have come here to ask you something. That something that I was talking about when we were looking at the waves..."

"I gave you your phone, Seb." Veronica deadpanned.

"I'm not talking about my phone. I- uh- Ihavedevelopedthisundyingaffectionforyouwhichmakesmewanttoaskyououtonadate."

"Huh? Seb sweetie, I didn't understand a word except for the 'I- uh-.' So why don't you do me a favor and slowly say that?"

Sebastian sighed and ran a hand through his hair. They were sitting on her bed right now, and even though the a/c was on, his palms were sweating like crazy. He said, "Okay, promise me you won't freak out."

Veronica raised an eyebrow and said, "I'll try,"

Seb continued, "The thing is, well, you know we're friends, and nothing should come between our friendship, right?"

Veronica was starting to grow suspicious. Very. Suspicious. What the hell is he up to? She hummed and let him continue.

"And you know, this friend of mine developed feelings for his best friend, and uhh, she stopped talking to him after he confessed. So that's not right of her, right?"

"Mhm, well, with the information you're giving, it's not right of her."

"So what if I tell you-"

"Seb, before you tell me ANYTHING, can you repeat what you said super fudging fast a minute ago?"

"Yeah, I am coming to that. So, the thing is, I might have developed this undying affection for you which makes me want to askyououtonadate." Seb said, looking deep into her eyes, trying to read her face.

Veronica's eyes widened. She was flabbergasted. Astonished. Stunned. Shocked. Startled. She never expected Sebastian Knight to say those words. She was sure this was a dream, so she pinched herself real hard.

"Shitty shitty shit!" It hurt. It's real. Frick. I haven't answered. FRICK.

"Uhm, so you are asking me out on a date?" Veronica confirmed.

Sebastian nodded, terrified if she was going to reject him. Veronica gulped and asked, "So you like like like me?"

Sebastian mumbled, "More than that." But cleared his throat and said, "Yes."

Veronica took a deep breath and couldn't contain her happiness. Fudge! He liked her. Like like liked her. Ahhh, God, I love you so much. Thank you.

She shot him a smile and said, "Okay, I'll come,"

Sebastian couldn't believe his ears. She said yes. She said she'll come. Do I ask her if she like like likes me? God, can I just kiss her? No. Don't be desperate, Seb. Get it together.

He smiled at her and asked, "So you like like like me?" Veronica softly chuckled at his choice of words and said, "Yes, idiot."

Seb's smile widened, and he sighed in relief.

"Now, will you tell me why'd you shower and are smelling like you bathed in your perfume?" Veronica asked.

It was just two times. Well, but I did go back and sprayed the damn thing all over me to smell perfect. Ehh, I just wanted to impress her. Like, IMPRESS her. But I'm not telling this to her. I think that she already thinks I am a weirdo. I am not making myself more of a weirdo in front of her. Nope.

"Ahh, you see, it was hot, and I was feeling gloomy, and I had to be fresh to ask you, so I showered," Sebastian said, laying down on the bed. His head was on Veronica's lap while she stared down at him. He looked so handsome and cute. God. He was perfect. So fudging perfect.

Veronica giggled at his answer and said, "Sure, you did." She knew better than to believe in his lies. He never knew how to lie to her, or maybe it was just that she always caught him. He was excellent at changing subjects, but lying was something he never could do in front of her. Never. She always figured out that he was lying.

He said, "Mhm." Veronica rolled her eyes at him and continued playing with his hair.

After long minutes of comfortable silence and a lot of ogling at Seb, she spoke, "Why at this hour, Seb?"

He rolled over to the right side of the bed. He patted the space beside him twice and looked at her expectantly, telling her to sleep beside him. She smiled at him and lay down beside him. He immediately hugged her and said, "I couldn't keep it from you anymore. Hence." 

--x--

Yesssssss!

I know this is going fast. Like real freaking fast. But I am really incapable of keeping them away from each other anymore. Sowwyyy

I hope y'all enjoyed!

Until next time:)

-Estrel<3