Chapter 29: "I missed you so much, baby"

As the night came down, Axel had grown calmer. He had been the way he used to be with her, was treating Veronica with respect- it felt like he had realized his mistake and was back to his senses. Though a lot wasn't spoken after the breakdown, just a few exchanges of, "Are you hungry?", "do you want some water?" etc. Veronica was relieved that she was being taken back home.

They didn't speak much till they reached the beach house. Axel halted the car when they reached Sebastian's villa. Looking at the sleeping figure of Veronica, he called her name once- she woke up on the spot and realized that they'd reached.

"We've reached, you're free to go, and I am sorry Ver. I am really sorry for doing this. Maybe all I needed was- to get this out of my system somehow, but my ways weren't so astute. I'll always regret that I am immensely sorry, and I hope you can forgive me." Axel said without looking into her eyes as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Veronica inhaled deeply, "It's okay, Axel, I'm not physically hurt. I'm just mentally done with myself for treating you the way I did earlier. I am so sorry for that, and I do forgive you. I am hurt, but I do understand where you're coming from. You still are one of the best people I've ever met, and I'll always treasure you."

At that, Axel looked at her, giving her a soft smile- he said, "Give my apologies and regards to Sebastian, goodbye, Veronica."

"Goodbye, Axel." with one last smile, she turned around and left the car. As Axel saw that Seb had let her in the house, he drove off.

--

As soon as I rang the doorbell, as if on queue- the door immediately opened

As soon as I rang the doorbell, as if on queue- the door immediately opened. Sebastian stood there- his eyes red, messy hair, a distressed look on his face which turned into a relieved but concern-filled one as soon as he saw me. It was evident that he had been crying. I quickly hugged him as soon as I got in the house. He hugged me back with the same intensity. I wanted to be close to him, very close- I hated not having him be with me, I hated to be away from him, not being there for him.

This hug was all I needed, nothing more, nothing less. It was everything that I wanted, everything that comforted me. It was everything to me. Sebastian kissed my head multiple times and kept patting my head. I gently looked up at him through teary eyes and saw his eyes filled with tears as well. Staying in the hug, I whispered, "Hi,"

He breathed in deeply, closed his eyes causing, the tears on the brink to escape, and said, "Hi, my love. How have you been? I don't want to bombard you with questions. I am trying to act so calm right now, Ver. But it's not easy, not when he kidnapped you, not when so much went down. I missed you so much, baby. I was so concerned, it was so hard. And I absolutely hate that it must have been so much harder for you to be there, to go through all that, all alone. I- have you eaten anything? Do you want wat-"

I interrupted his rush of questions and hugged him tighter. Rubbing his back, I said, "It's okay, I'm okay. I just need to be with you,"

I felt him patting the back of my head again as he nodded. Our eye contact never broke involuntarily, I raised to my toes, leaning in I kissed his cheek and rested my head in the crook of his neck.

 Our eye contact never broke involuntarily, I raised to my toes, leaning in I kissed his cheek and rested my head in the crook of his neck

It had been long since we'd seen each other. I was worried sick. Today when I finally saw her, and got to hug her it was the only relief I needed. This girl is and always will be everything to me and I could never imagine losing her. To have her back, in my arms- was bliss. I knew Axel had done everything, and as soon as I got to know that, I was going to rush to his location. But that's when I received a call from the damned backstabber saying he was on his way back and that he was sorry and whatnot. If I could, I'd have fought him, because no one hurts Veronica and gets away with it. But I was sure Veronica wouldn't want me to do anything at all, so I decided to stay calm and wait for her because if she wasn't back today, it'd definitely be his last day tomorrow.

After a long hug, we both decided to part away. She excused herself to go to her room and talk later, and as she went, I quickly made my way to the kitchen and prepared her favorite chicken soup for her.

I made my way to her room with a bowl of soup, knocked, and waited for her to open the door. She opened the door in a few seconds- her hair was wrapped in a towel and she had a yellow sundress on. She looked at me, smiling, and then at the soup, and her eyes and her smile widened with excitement, "Come on in, and gimme that,"

We both sat peacefully by the window while she had her soup and I stared at her. They say it's rude to stare, but I'd just gotten my girl back and I hadn't seen her in months- exaggeration, but the past few days did feel like months- so staring won't harm no one. Her smile never faded as she had the soup and looked at me from time to time.

God, I'd missed her.

--x--

hello reader, 
i know it's been quite a while, i hope you all are doing well.
thanks for reading, hope y'all enjoyed. take care, byebyee! c:

love, 
este <3