Chapter 00: The App

"Hey Phoebe, what's up?" I asked my best friend on the other side of the phone as I propped my legs up on the table.

"Not much, just the usual of Clara pestering me about getting a cat. You know sometimes I wish I didn't go on that blind date my mom set me up on." 

I chuckle, "Bea, If that was true then you would have broken up with Clara years ago."

"Okay you have a point" she said sulkily and I could almost see the eye roll she would have given me. "Anyways how have you been? Any people caught your eye?"

"No, sadly not but I do have something to tell you." I say quietly.

"Ooohhh okay let me guess" she exclaimed excitedly and I could hear her jumping up and down through the phone. "You bought a puppy?"

"No but I wish."

"You broke a leg."

"Nope."

"You're calling from jail?

"Wow is your confidence in me that low?"

I could hear her chuckling on the end of the line.

"Okay let me think." There was a long pause before she gasped.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT" she shouted and I flinched because of how loud she was.

"No Bea, well it does have something to do with a baby"
I said reluctantly.

There was a pause that I took as my sign to continue. I took a deep breath and said all in one breath:

"Iamconsideringbecomingasurrogate"

Although I talked really fast Phoebe still understood me.

"Wait your becoming a surrogate?" She questioned in shock.

"Yes, I just feel like I could help people." I whispered quietly, scared of her reaction.

"Oh my god Blair your such a sweetheart you do everything to help people from moving from London to take over your grandma's flower shop when she died and looking after me in school." I smiled and blushed at her compliment.

"But you have got to take time for yourself Blearbear. Are you completely sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, I want to help someone have child." I said excited at the prospect.

"Okay are you going to find an app?" She questioned warily.

I answered quickly "Yeah I found a recommended one that I am going to install."

"Okay girlie make sure it's safe and call me back when you find someone." She voiced in worry.

"Don't worry I won't put myself in a dangerous position, I promise."  I reassured her, hoping that I could keep that promise.

I quickly moved onto a different subject. I asked her about London and my family that I had to leave behind. After about 10 minutes we said our goodbyes and hung up.

I reviewed my conversation with Phoebe in my mind as I opened my phone to install the app. My finger hovered over install. Considering if I actually wanted to do this but I had always craved adventure my whole life. So it was with that thought that I took a deep breath and pressed the button.

Hope you like this first chapter I kinda short since it's a sort of prequel. Anyway hope you continue reading and please vote to encourage more people to read this book.
•X•