Chapter 02: Red Dress

Putting on a red dress from my overly sized wardrobe, my excitement disappeared slowly fading into anxiousness and regret.

After getting the address from Dimitri I immediately called a taxi and then Phoebe to update her and only once I had promised her I would call her as soon as I got home was I finally allowed to get ready.

This was almost like a job interview so I was confused on what to wear but I decided to stick to my saying:

'When in fear; overdress.'

So I settled for a dark red dress, two plain gold chains, a random red bag I found at the bottom of my wardrobe and my trusted black doc martens.

I then grabbed my keys, phone and purse and walked out the door.

•|20 minutes later|•

The car pulled up to a fancy-looking restaurant that made my eyes widen and a smile appear on my face.

When I gave the address that Dimitri had sent me to the driver I was not expecting it to look like it had about seventy Michelin Stars.

I now realised why I recognised the address, it was the restaurant that me and my friends deliberately walked past claiming this would be the first place we would go once we became billionaires.

I smiled slightly, brushed off the memory and stepped out the car having already paid the driver.

The door was opened as a Middle-Aged couple walked out complaining about a person named Dylan that they had just fired.

I quickly slipped into the restaurant just before the door slammed behind me and was quickly met with a lady who asked me if I wanted to store my coat but before I could answer she pulled it off my back.

Rude. I raised my eyebrow at her but said nothing.

She suddenly looked at my face closely.

"You must be here for Mr. Volkov?"

I blanched at her my eyes clearly showing shock.

"He told me to expect you." She said after noting my confusion. "He said to expect a young brunette girl with blue eyes."

He must have looked at my profile picture.

I nod confirming that I am here to see Mr. Volkov then let the women guide me further into the restaurant as I looked around. Everything was coloured gold from the window frames to the cutlery. It gave the impression of wealth.

I was so caught up in my surroundings I didn't notice when the waitress stopped suddenly causing me to bump into her.

She turned round to me a I mumbled sorry. She just stared at me then walked away.

Well that was awkward.

Yeah maybe because of the fact you just walked into her.

Shut up.

I was so caught up with arguing with my bitch of a conscience that I nearly had a heart attack when a deep voice spoke from behind me.

"Miss Mitchell?"

•X•