Chapter 01: Where?

I downloaded the app about a week ago and filtered the app to make sure it only showed people living in New York.

I spent my free time searching for a couple and it wasn't until yesterday evening when I noticed someone.

•|Flashback to last night|•

I was scrolling through my phone searching for anyone that caught my eye. When suddenly a guy comes up. From his profile pic I see he is hot.

Blair you sound so thirsty.

Snap out of it.

He's probably got a partner.

I laugh at myself and continue to look at his profile. Dimitri Volkov, 30 years old and lives in New York.

I continue to look at his profile trying to find evidence of a partner. But I find nothing. Huh?
Maybe they're just private?

My eyes find his profile stating that he was looking for a girl in New York to be his surrogate. So I thought: why the hell not?

•|End of Flashback|•

I had sent Dimitri a message saying I was interested but hadn't heard anything back yet and was considering abandoning the idea when my phone pinged and lit up.

I dropped the notebook I was doodling in onto the desk and picked up my phone. My eyes eagerly looking at his message.

It said: "Hi, I saw your message and I would also like to say I'm interested and would love to meet you. Are you busy right now?"

I looked at the top of my phone where the time was and noticed it said 4:00pm.

I was about to ask him when the only sane part in my brain spoke up:

He could be a psychopath. He will probably kidnap you and sell your organs on the black market.

Most people would have listened to what their brain was telling them but at this point I could not have cared less what my brain thought.

I then realised I was developing a crush not only for someone I had never met in real life but someone who was already taken.

You f*cking home-wrecker.

Subconscious, if karma doesn't hit you, I will. And anyway it's not that bad it's just like having a celebrity crush.

I decided that was going to be my excuse as I reopened the app and texted a one word answer:

"Where?"

The reply was almost instant as he texted the location of a restaurant I vaguely recognised. I walked towards my wardrobe repeating the words.

"Too late to turn back now."

•X•