Chapter 09: Surprise

Blair's POV:

Throughout the examination, his eyes was all I could think about. The beauty of them. How although his mouth may have a been curved in a slight smile; his eyes remained the same, a deep pool of pain and sorrow that he had experienced.

There was also something else in his eyes that could not quite put my finger on.

After the exam we came right out and to my surprise Dimitri was still waiting outside.

I had presumed he had left. I mean the exam took at least an hour.

He was probably just waiting for the results.

"I've got good news, you are in perfect condition and we can either do the procedure next week or next month. It's completely your choice." Adrian states in a professional voice.

Suddenly it hits me.

Next week, I could be pregnant with a baby.

By a guy I just met.

I know I signed up for this and knew what I was getting myself into but now it is suddenly real.

I don't regret it, but I guess I'm just scared. Maybe I'm scared of child birth or maybe I'm just scared that I'll get too attached? To the baby or the man I guess I'm not sure.

As I continue to spiral into panic I become aware when I feel a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" Dimitri calmly asks rubbing my shoulder gently.

"What?" I blink a few times trying to keep myself in the present, "oh, yeah I'm fine."

He keeps our eye contact for a few beats before rushing me out the doctors, and into his waiting car telling Adrian we will get back to him.

I would be more worried about Dimitri kidnapping me if the car hadn't been so nice.

We had been driving for a few minutes until I realised I should probably ask where we were going but before I could-

"Stop here." He said to the driver who complied immediately.

Dimitri opened his door then rushed to my side to open my door.

I smiled at him being a gentleman and thanked him as I clambered out and stared at a the abnormally tall, abandoned building standing in front of me.

The paint was missing in places and cracks littered the walls.

But it was beautiful, it had ivy emerging from the cracks and reaching for the sun. Trees surrounded it.

I turned my head towards Dimitri in a silent question. He gave me no answer as he walked in, beckoning me to follow.

After scaling what seemed to me like thousand of hazardous steps, Dimitri stopped, turned round and said his first words in what felt like ages: "close your eyes."

I was confused but I still did what I was told.

After all these steps this better be good.

Dimitri held my hand and guided me down what I thought was a hallway and into a room. I could feel a cool breeze on my cheeks.

"Open your eyes."

So I did.

•X•

Thank you to the wonderful WrittingAzira for the new cover.

Random question: favourite comfort food?

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you for reading!

Have an amazing day.

<3