Chapter 16: The List of Loves

Dimitri's POV:

I didn't realise the time until Blair yawned and I looked at the clock. It was late. I hadn't realised the time whilst getting distracted by mine and Blair's conversation; we were talking about everything and anything. I had learnt that she was an only child who had a complicated relationship with her mother and that she had a secret love for red velvet cake, puppies and picnics. Her favourite flowers were sunflowers, baby breath and pink tulips.

I gazed into her pretty eyes as she talked. It took a lot of effort to keep focusing on her words as I gazed into her blue eyes. I think she had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen and when she looked directly into mine, I couldn't stop my heart from skipping a beat.

But nethertheless I focused on what she was saying. I wanted to know her likes and dislikes in fact I wanted to know everything about her.

That was a problem.

I liked her.

That wasn't meant to happen. The reason why I decided to get a surrogate was so I could be detached so that when the baby was born I could leave without feeling anything. But I just couldn't see that happening anymore not when Blair was the surrogate.

This was going to end badly, I knew it would. I wasn't meant to have a happy ending. I was unlovable as dad used to say.

I wanted to get to know Blair more. I wanted to be in the list of things she liked, and maybe even in the list of loves.

So I blocked out my doubts and said something that I might regret later.

"Are you free on friday? I want to take you somewhere."

Blair looked up at me in shock. "um yeah I think so. Why? Where will we be going?"

I smiled, "It's a surprise."

She smiled back, "Oh okay Mr Mysteries what are you up to?"

"I guess you will just have to wait to find out precious."

She blushed and god it was cute.

She then looked at the clock and gasped. "I've got to go home, I have to be at the flower shop early tomorrow. I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry darling."

She smiles again and stands up to go get her stuff as I watch her leave. I walk to the front door and I only have to wait a few more minutes before she comes back down with her bag.

"You ready to go?" I say as I grab my car keys.

"oh you don't have to.. I can walk" she says noticing the car keys in my hand.

I can sense the unsurety in her words when she says that last part. She doesn't know where my house is in the city and doesn't know how long the walk would actually be.

"Don't be silly darling. I don't mind driving you."

She goes to argue again but thinks against it at my stern expression. "okay then."

We get in the car and it's a comfortable silence as I drive.

We get to the road that she told me to drop her off at the last time I drove her home. I know it's not where she lives. She doesn't want me to drive her directly to her house for whatever reason and I will respect her decision even if I had got one of men to find out where she lived after our first meeting as a safety precaution.

I slow down to stop and watch as she unbuckles her seatbelt and goes to leave. She suddenly turns back. "So I'll see you Friday?"

I grin at her. "See you then sunflower"

She looks at me with her confused doe eyes "sunflower?"

I just chuckle "don't worry bout it sunflower."

She just shakes her head and leaves closing the car door behind her.

•X•

Hello my lovelies

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Are you guys enjoying this book so far?

Have an amazing week!

Xx