Chapter 04: Owner

•|The Next Day|•

I rushed down the street narrowly avoiding bumping into people. I was late to signing the contract all because the person I employed to work at the flower shop is a useless imbecile who probably can't even put his shoes on the right feet.

I had asked one of my employees, Tony to look after my shop for the morning and already within half an hour I had two people calling for a refund.

It almost made me want to call Dimitri and tell him I couldn't sign the contract today but after a call with Tony where he reassured me he would fix the problem I decided to continue with my journey to his office building.

As I was walking the final few steps, I wondered what business he works for and what is his position in this business. He must be quite high up to have been able to afford that restaurant yesterday.

I crossed the street and stopped when I got to the location Dimitri told me to go to. He said to look for a tall office building which is really helpful when you're surrounded by tall office buildings.

I turned around in full circle trying to find a clue that would give away which building Dimitri worked at and that was when I noticed the office.

My mouth opened in shock at its vastness. It was very tall, maybe 50 floors. What caught my eye was a big sign that took up about 4 floors of the building. It had one word in big black bold letters:

Volkov.

Well I guess it's that building.

Yeah no shit Sherlock.

I walked towards Dimitri's office building and entered through the revolving doors.

As soon as I stepped in I was met with the view of loads of people walking around. They were talking, eating and some were sitting down in the arm chairs in the corner of the room on a computer.

I drew my eyes away from the people to look at my surroundings. I was in a massive reception space nearly everything was made from marble and concrete.

Three women sat behind a huge desk in front of me. There was five lifts to their side and loads of people dressed in black who I presumed were security guards. That made sense as this was a huge office building and there were loads of people. I guess that warranted security.

I decided I definitely needed directions so walked up to the reception desk. Towards the brunette women behind the desk.

I stood in front of her and waited for her to look up from the screen.

"Excuse me?" I said moulding my lips into a smile.

The receptionist looked up from the screen and stared at me with a bored expression.

She yawned "Yes?"

"I'm here to see Mr Volkov." I answered still smiling pleasantly at her.

She looked at me in doubt "How do I know your not one of his fan's" as she said the word 'fan's' she rolled her eyes.

"You can call him" I suggested gesturing to the phone by her side.

She glared at me but did as I said. As soon as she dialed the phone and brought it to her ear, I heard a faint voice.

The receptionist talked to the person on the other side of the phone for about three minutes before she hung up.

She gestured with her hand towards the lifts, "Go all the way up to the 50th floor. Sandra will then show you to Mr Volkov's office."

I nodded thanking her and strolled towards the lift, pressing the up button.

•X•