23

DYLAN'S POV
I walk through the front door and I am welcomed by the alluring smell of a roast dinner. "Hey mum" I greet my mum as I walk into the messy kitchen "Hey Hun how was your day?" She asks sweetly "Good" I simply say. I walk half way up the stairs when I come across a small letter.

"Mum" I call "Yes sweety" she answers "Who's James?" I ask "Let's talk about this over dinner okay" She tries to reason with me. "No!" I argue "Who is he?!" I ask again raising my voice slightly "He works with me" , "then why on earth would he send you a love letter?!" I ask the anger clear in my voice.

"Because we have been seeing each other Dylan!" She shouts "Why? Have you forgotten about dad? Do you not love him anymore?" I ask with tears threatening to spill. "No of course I'm not trying to replace your father" She defends "I still love your father oh god I do but Dylan I'm lonely" She says "you have Harry and you guys are always together and if your not with him your with Tilly and Taliah and all your other friends Dylan you are all that I have left in my life but you don't hang around enough" My mum shakily talks.

"I had no idea" I comfort my lonely mum "I didn't expect you too" she sweetly says "well dinners nearly ready so hurry up" she sniffs before walking away.
~
Mum and I finish dinner on minimum conversation. "Mum I'll start it with out you" I call out "It's fine honey you start I'm going to video chat James anyway" she excuses her self with that no good boyfriend.

So I start criminal minds with out her and honestly it feels weird not having mum here and us figuring it out together.

I decide to switch off criminal minds and make some hot chocolate before going up to my room. I play my music loud on purpose so Mum has trouble talking to Jamie or whatever his name is.
~
I'm woken up by a loud banging at my door "Turn it down I'm trying to sleep!" My mum shouts so turn my music off. Some how I'm really hungry so I text Harry to see if he's up.

'R u awake? xx'

'Yeah I can't sleep xx'

'Same xx I'm hungry haha'

'Me too haha I feel like a burger! Xx'

'Ugh I hate you now I'm craving a burger and chocolate!'

'Is it someone's time of the month? ;) xx'

'No!'

'Its okay Dylan it's a course of nature haha'

'Watch it Styles'

'I think you might need to plug it up haha'

'I hate you'

'You love me'

'Never!'

'Always!'

I sigh and lock my phone. I stare up at my ceiling smiling. My smile slowly drops thinking about my Father. When I was 5 my father got hit by a car coming out of jewelry shop with a gift for me. I loved my father so much he was my roll model growing up I copied his every move. I was different before my dad died I was all girly but when my Father died so did the old me.

After the funeral I didn't talk to anyone for a month I just nodded or wrote it down. I didn't feel like talking if I couldn't talk to the one I wanted to talk to most. I cut off my hair and threw out all my dresses and skirts. I got rid of all my Barbie dolls. I got rid of anything girly including my friends.

I made new friends which were boys and my Mum wasn't happy with me I was rude to her I didn't listen to her because she wasn't dad. Until one day Mum said "Dylan I know this is your way of grieving but it's getting out of control" "I have something for you. It's what your Father brought you before he past on".