Chapter 24: We've Been Talking For 2 Months Now And...

Chapter 24: 𝓦𝓮'𝓿𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓣𝓪𝓵𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓕𝓸𝓻 2 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝔀 𝓐𝓷𝓭...

Sunday, July 3rd

Gracie and Cory had been texting for two months now and her feelings for him never went away. As a matter of fact, they became bigger. She blushed at the mention of his name whenever her mom teased her about him and changed the subject right away.

Cory felt like his feelings for her were turning into something stronger. He loved talking with her, he looked forward to their daily chats and he liked the distraction from his dad who was pressuring him to join the family business.

Not that Gracie was just a distraction. It was that his feelings for her are becoming something more.

It was nice to talk with someone to get his mind off his family situation. There was only one thing. He wanted to hear her voice.

Her butt dial didn't count. She didn't know she was on the phone and he couldn't say anything.

He wanted more phone calls.

-

Cory Walker:
Sent 6:36am

We've been talking for two months now and...
Maybe we can start calling each other?

Instantly, a knot was formed in the pit of Gracie's stomach at the mention of a phone call. She got anxious when she was on the phone and her dysarthria acted up - slurring or stuttering. That was why she wanted to simply text.

Gracie Summers:
Sent 6:38am

You haven't heard of dysarthria, have you?

Cory Walker:
Sent 6:38am

???

Gracie Summers:
Sent 6:39am

It's a speech condition I was born with. That's why I prefer texting. When I type, people understand me more.

Cory Walker:
Sent 6:40am

Ahhh, so that's why you write.

Gracie Summers:
Sent 6:43am

Yep! Started on Wattpad in February 2014 and grew as a writer since then.

Cory Walker:
Sent 6:45am

Aren't there ways to cure stuff like that? Like reading out loud?

Gracie Summers:
Sent 6:49am

Yeah, but I feel embarrassed about it. Ironically, too embarrassed to do something to get rid of it. It's always been one of my biggest insecurities though. And also, it's why my coworker bullies me.

Cory Walker:
Sent 6:52am

That's nothing to be embarrassed about. At the risk of sounding cheesy, it's what makes you you.

That coworker truly sounds like a bitch. If I were you, I'd stand up to her with a couple of middle fingers and tell her to 'kiss my ass'.

Cory Walker:
Sent 6:54am

I'd love to read some of your books one day.

Cory was secretly hoping that 'one day' would come sooner rather than later.