Bonus Chapter 3: Pretty Please With A Cherry On Top?

Narrative - normal

Bonus Chapter 3: 𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝔂 𝓟𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓐 𝓒𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓞𝓷 𝓣𝓸𝓹?

Thursday, May 11th

Gracie and Cory had been hanging out at his house all day. They were watching Netflix, then he jumped in the pool while she just dipped her feet in and they played video games on his new gaming system. By then, it was around dinner time and her parents were texting her asking when she'd be home.

"You hungry?"

"No, I'm good. But thank you, baby."

*stomach growls*

She wrapped her arms around it hoping that he didn't hear that, but Cory was already arching a brow at her.

"You sure about that?" Cory rhetorically asked, gesturing toward her stomach.

"I feel weird eating your food, okay?"

That was the first excuse that popped in her head. The truth was, she'd been feeling extra insecure about her body these days since she and Cory became official. Gracie had body image issues since high school.

Her mom took her to a doctor's appointment and she made a comment about how she gained weight. Gracie overthought that and turned it into an obsessive idea in her head that she needed to be skinnier.

She knew that other, supermodel gorgeous woman would drool over a man like Cory and Kendall only reminded her that he was into hotter girls. No matter how loud her stomach growls, she couldn't eat anything because she feared that she'd become even fatter than she already was.

Her cousin would argue that Gracie was as skinny as shit, but in her own eyes, that wasn't how she saw that.

"I see you munching on your cousin's and aunt's snacks all the time."

"That's different."

"I'll make you grilled cheese." Cory insisted as he was gathering the butter, cheese and bread.

"No, you don't-"

"People need to eat. I don't give a shit if you eat my food."

His heart was thumping wildly against his chest as he was spreading butter on the bread. Cory's palms were moist were sweat and there was lump formed in his throat.

He wanted to ask her. He wanted to wake up next to her and make her favorite breakfast every morning, kiss her on the forehead first thing when she wakes up, he wanted to spend every second of the day with her.

When he was done with the grilled cheese, he plopped it on the plate and slid it in front of her.