Chapter 27: What If There Was An Emergency?

Chapter 27: 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘𝓯 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓦𝓪𝓼 𝓐𝓷 𝓔𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓬𝔂?

Thursday, July 7th

Gracie was feeling nervous to ask her parents permission to give Cory their address. That was why she tried to convince him that it wasn't necessary to send her any presents or food, but he insisted. She was especially nervous asking her dad who was the most impatient with her dysarthria.

Gracie mentioned they'd been talking for a while and that she trusted him not to come over to their house to murder all of them. It took quite a bit of convincing, but they eventually felt like it was a good idea as long as she trusted him to not share it with anyone else.

Cory Walker:
Sent 5:36pm

So? Did you ask them?

What'd they say?

Gracie Summers:
Sent 5:37pm

They said that as long as you don't come over to kill us in our sleep, it's okay.

Cory Walker:
Sent 5:37pm

We're still on that?

Gracie Summers:
Sent 5:38pm

Well, what did you expect?
For them to say 'oh yeah, sure! We totally trust a strange man you'd been texting for only two months'.

Can you really blame them??

Cory Walker:
Sent 5:38pm

Your sass isn't necessary

Gracie Summers:
Sent 5:38pm

I have the right to give you sass! I am a woman!

Cory Walker:
Sent 5:39pm

You sound like my mom 😂

She says that every time she has an argument with my dad.

Gracie Summers:
Sent 5:39pm

Does she win with that line?

Cory Walker:
Sent 5:40pm

...

No comment.

Gracie Summers:
Sent 5:40pm

That's what I thought 😂

Cory wanted to be with her so badly to hear her laugh and to see her smile spreading across her face.

Cory Walker:
Sent 5:40pm

What if there was an emergency?

Gracie Summers:
Sent 5:41pm

What kind of emergency could there be where my parents wouldn't be the first people I call?

Cory Walker:
Sent 5:41pm

What if they're out of town?

Gracie Summers:
Sent 5:41pm

Without me? 🥺

'What if I wanted to come over to kiss you?' 'What if I wanted to hold you in my arms?' He wished he could say either of those things, but he didn't want to scare her off.

Cory Walker:
Sent 5:42pm

What if I wanted to hang out with you one day?

Gracie felt her lips shape into a smile. She'd never brought a boy home before so the thought of Cory being with her and being in his arms sent a warm shiver down her spine.

Gracie Summers:
Sent 5:42pm

Now you're just making up excuses.

After Gracie gave him her address, Cory felt excited that he could finally hang out with her. He could finally see the woman he was slowly falling in love with.

-

Shout out to -MynameisName- for helping me edit this book to make it better! If this chapter causes plot holes in future chapters or if there are any grammar mistakes, let me know in the comments :)