Chapter 32: First Meet

Chapter 32: 𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽

Thursday, August 4th

Cory was nervous and excited at the same time as he got into his car and put the address in for the closest American Eagle to Gracie's house. He had been waiting for this moment for about a month.

She didn't know he was coming, but he got all dressed up to make a good first impression. Cory was in his navy blue blazer, white button-up and jeans, paired with red and black Air Jordans. He accessorized his wrist with his expensive watch that had a diamond-encrusted band and a face matching his jacket.

His hand was beginning to sweat the closer he got to the mall and he told himself to take deep breaths when he pulled into the parking lot.

Once Cory entered the store, he scanned the crowd for Gracie. She said that, sometimes, they had her at the cash register, but other times, they had her putting away all the rejects in the fitting rooms back on their racks.

Since she wasn't at the counter, his eyes darted to the nearest rack outside the fitting rooms and there she was. Cory inhaled a shaky breath and tucked his hands in his pockets, approaching her behind.

There was a lady who was walking past Gracie and, with a smile, she said in a small voice, "H've a g'd day."

The lady responded with a simple nod and a sweet smile, but when she was out of sight, Gracie laid her head on top of the hangers and groaned in frustration.

"Hey."

Gracie jumped a mile at the sound of his voice, dropping the hanger and the t-shirt to the floor in the process. She looked him up and down. Cory looked hot in his blazer and jeans. What caught her attention was the expensive-looking watch that dressed up his wrist.

Of course she already knew he was good-looking when she saw that picture, but seeing him in person all dressed up like that? There was no way a handsome man like him would ever go for an insecure girl like her.

"Cory?"

She didn't look like she was twenty-two as she stood at, at least, five-three, her hair was parted to the side, a red dot was on the side of her nose and through her greasy bangs, he found a zit growing above her right eyebrow.

"What 're y-you doing here?"

With a blush creeping up in his cheeks, Cory rubbed the back of his neck. "I came to see you."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
[ A/N ] ❀ Proofreading & Editing by Julie_ProofEdit