Bonus Chapter: What The Fuck Do You Think This Is, Mario Kart??

Jake - italics and underlined

Bonus Chapter: 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓾𝓬𝓴 𝓓𝓸 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓘𝓼, 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓸 𝓚𝓪𝓻𝓽??

Saturday, February 5th

Venmo

Cory_W sent you $200

Gracie's bottom lip fell slightly ajar upon receiving the notification. She wanted to surprise him and his family by coming over earlier to help with cooking, but when she looked up from her phone screen and saw Cory leaning against the front door with his arms crossed, that hope was flushed down the toilet.

Gracie thanked the driver and, after entering the gate code, met Cory at the front porch. Her arms automatically wrapped around his neck and she left him a kiss on the cheek. "Good morning, baby! I know I'm early, but I wanted to help your mom cook for brunch."

Cory didn't respond with more than a scoff and a slight smile, but his eyes were trained on something behind them. The black Toyota Camry remained behind the gate with the driver peeking his head outside the window. He wasn't admiring the spectacular house like her other Uber drivers were when their cars lingered outside the property.

His eyes were checking Gracie out from behind. More specifically, the lower region. Cory narrowed his eyes at the man who immediately sat back down and started the engine. He tore his eyes away as the man drove away and returned his focus to Gracie whose lips were shaped like a frown.

"What is it?"

"I thought your parents were also coming."

"They are, but like I said, I wanted to come earlier to help your mom cook. Why?"

"I don't feel comfortable with you taking Ubers anymore."

Gracie was taken aback by his demanding tone as he draped an overprotective arm around her and led her inside. The smell of cinnamon and the sizzling of bacon briefly distracted her from the previous topic. She stepped into the spacious kitchen where Robert and Sydney were preparing french toast and scrambled eggs.

Once Sydney's eyes landed on her, a warm smile took over her face and she wrapped her in a tight embrace. Her hair was in a messy bun, she was in an Arizona Cardinal's hoodie and black leggings contradicting her usual designer dress and high heels.

"Morning Mrs. Walker. Can I help you with anything?

"Sweetheart, we have talked about this. I know you're trying to be polite, but calling me Mrs. Walker just makes me feel old."

"But you are though, so..." Cory joked, earning him a punch in the shoulder from his mom and a giggle from Gracie.

The french toast, bacon, eggs and biscuits were arranged on the dining room table with a vase of flowers in the center. The pilot episode of Friends was playing on the TV for background noise and the floor to ceiling windows in the living room were giving them a beautiful view of the late morning sun adding a sparkle to the backyard pool.

Cory and Gracie were currently in his old room on the second floor for alone time before her parents came. His room was nothing like Gracie expected; there was a king-sized bed with navy blue duvet covers, family photos scattered on top of his dresser, a ninety-inch flat screen TV was plastered on the wall and there were glass double doors leading to a balcony.