Epilogue: Hey, It's Me

The whole team - underlined

Addie / narrative - regular

Epilogue: 𝓗𝓮𝔂, 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓜𝓮

Superbowl Sunday

Gracie used to only come downstairs on Superbowl sunday for the table of snacks, or to watch the halftime performances. Up until now, she never had a reason to watch the last game of the year with her family.

She was looking forward to showing up to his game to show her support.

Since Thanksgiving, Robert had been cheering his son at his next games. He would be in the stands all decked out with Arizona Cardinals spirit.

He put black stripes under his eyes, trading his suit and tie for Cory's jersey and he would wake up the next morning with a lost voice because he screamed at the top of his lungs whenever Cory made a touchdown - encouraging him to do more of his celebratory dance on the field.

Gracie will be right there next to him. Over the months, they've bonded over cheering Cory on. Mr. and Mrs. Walker would come over or her and her parents would come over there and they would jump up, spilling popcorn all over the place and scream, high fiving and copying Cory's dance.

When it was time to get ready, Gracie got dressed in his jersey, smeared black paint under her eyes and tied her hair up in a ponytail. Nothing could bring down her mood. She was dancing around her room as Justin Bieber's Justice album was blasting through the speaker.

Her heart was thudding against her ribcage and her smile was so bright, it reached her eyes. Gracie was happy everything worked out and that she could be with Cory.

She didn't know how powerful her emotions could be when she spent those three months without him. With she-who-shall-not-be-named out of the picture, they had a chance. She stood in front of her bathroom mirror to take a picture.

Baby Girl ❤:
Sent 2:16pm

*image attached*

Good luck, baby.

My Man ❤:
Sent 2:18pm

I don't know what I'd do without you.

Not only will Gracie be there, but she's bringing her whole family. Both her brothers, who are super into sports, will most likely cheer the loudest, her sister and brother-in-law, her mom who kept counting the minutes down til the game and her dad who she was the most worried would embarrass her.

Gracie promised herself that her future boyfriend will never meet her father. He had the sense of humor of a one-year-old, but he thought he was the funniest man ever. The bag of snacks that she was bringing to the game was funnier than him.

She kept begging Cory to not make her invite him, but he insisted that she did. 'Just in case we get serious and I need his approval', were his exact words.

Gracie and Cory were only dating. He'd taken her to TopGolf, rock climbing and on his parents' boat at the lake, but they hadn't put a title on their relationship yet.

That was why she was planning on asking him to be her boyfriend after the game. Hopefully, they win so the confetti falling swiftly around them and everyone in the stadium hollering could add to the moment.