Chapter Six...

Morning came rather quickly and outside Katalina could hear the birds meerily chirping away in the trees.
Sliding out of her bed, she walked over to the window and drew back the curtains allowing the morning rays
of sunlight to shine through the room.

She than made her way to the kitchen to grab herself a coffee, only to find the kitchen completely empty.
Both her father and Kova had long left, but not before jotting down a small note reminding her about tonight.

When she had finished her coffee, she placed the empty mug in the sink, than made her way into town.

In town there was a street market taking place with all sorts of stalls on both sides of the street and ton's of people
everywhere.

In the distance she could make out the sound of someone playing a banjo.

Following the sound, it lead her to the
duck pond, where she could clearly see a stage.

All around it people swarmed to watch an older gentleman strumming away on his banjo.

" Pretty good isn't he?" she heard someone behind her say.

" He sure is," she said turning around to find Drayce standing there smiling at her.

"Oh, um ....hi."

Drayce just looked at her and flashed her one of his pearly white smiles and says hi back.

His smile was enough to make her heart melt, and those gunmetal blue eyes, she could get lost in for hours.

"Damn he's sooo handsome! " she thought to herself.

Talk about awkward...she didn't know what to think, let alone what to say.
So she turned back to face the bloke who was playing the banjo.

Drayce takes that moment to break the silence between them and ask's if she cared to join him for a coffee.

Katalina looks at him and tells him that would be lovely, but she's sorry she has to decline because she had to catch up with a friend of hers.

Drayce looks at her,than says," Oh come on, it's just a coffee. I promise you I won't bite - well not that hard anyway."

Katalina was taken by surprise by his comment, but ended up accepting his offer.

They spoke for over an hour and she thanked him for the coffee and told him she really needed to get going.
But before she left, Drayce asked if she'd care to join him for lunch tomorrow at Bethanys.
She said sure, than soon headed off to catch up with Dayana.

Katalina than darted out of the coffee shop and suddenly everything hit her like a lighting bolt.

She just realized she had agreed to meet Drayce tommrow for lunch.

"Holly crap - I've got a date.... I actually have a date with the mystery man DRAYCE!
She couldn't believe it.

"Pull yourself together Katalina - it's just a date. Act normal and don't give nothing away.

Remember, you are on your way to see Dayana and you don't want her to notice something is odd about you."

So pulling herself together, Katalina walked down the road and bumped into Dayana out the front of the candy shop.

"Hey there, I've been looking everywhere for you."

She looks at Katalina and says," Well I guess you found me...... what's up?"