Chapter Thirteen....

Well last night family dinner at Ksenia house went really well, so we'll in fact that it totally took everyone by surprise when both the twins announced they were pregnant.

And let's not forget about the proposal to Keane.

It was the highlight of the night, and even this morning Katalina was still raving on about it.

"Morning Uncle Kova.... Has a nice ring to it doesn't it? 
Whoever thought that both Ksenia and Keane would end up becoming Mum's?
I'm sooo excited for both of them.
Wait until I tell Dayana, she's definitely not going to believe this!"

Placing his paper down in front of him, Kova looks up at his sister and agrees with her that the news about the twins is wonderful, and so is the news about Keane getting married.

Than he tells her that there father is over-whelmed by becoming a Grandfather...
not once, but twice over.

"So what do you think he'd prefer to be known by?" Katalina asked as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Well I doubt he'd like to be called Pa, as that's just lame and old fashioned to me.... but that's just my opinion. However, I do believe the old man would much prefer Poppy."

Katalina nods her head, smiles and agrees with Kova that Poppy sounds a hell of a lot better than Pa.

Not long after finishing her coffee, Katalina grabbed her coat, her bag and made her way to work.

Once at work, Katalina could hear the clacking and banging of pots and pans, and her boss calling out to the other's what needs to be done.

As Katalina stepped into the kitchen area, she got a big whiff of freshly baked bread, fruity buns, lemon and apple tarts, choc/mint slices and a whole combination of other sorts of delicious cakes, slices and tarts.

Settling up her work station, Katalina could see Dayana putting a whole fresh batch of pies in one oven and in another she placed a variety of cup cakes and muffins.

Turning around, she notices Katalina and says good morning to her, as she continues on with what she was doing.

Need to say, it was a pretty full on day, with all the other's running around setting everything up on the racks, only to have the customer's strip them bare.

Old man Beezley had come in and ordered up a storm again, leaving the racks empty again for the third time today.

While Katalina was busy restacking the shelves with fresh bread, in walks her mystery man.

He gives her a wink, and she drops the tray on the floor with a loud bang.

"Shit!" she says bending down to pick the mess up.

"What's the matter Katalina, you look like you've just seen a ghost?"

Katalina turns to face her and says," That's ridiculous. I just got a fright and dropped the tray... that's all - nothing else to it!"

Dayana nodded her head, as she said,"Fair enough!"

As the day progressed, the bakery got quite busy.

Both Dayana and Katalina were flat out keeping up with the orders, and by the end of the day they were so relieved to see the back of the place.

After work, Katalina suggested they go grab a drink at the local tavern.

So off they went, and once there they ordered their drinks and went found themselves a seat out in the beer garden.

Once seated , Katalina say's," Boy do I have some news to tell you. So brace yourself, cause your not going to believe this."

Dayana look's straight at her with a puzzled look on her face waiting to hear what she has to say.

Than Katalina tells her all about the family dinner at Ksenia place last night, and than she says," both the twins are pregnant. Keane got a marriage proposal and is getting married."

Dayana just about choked on her drink.

"What? Your kidding me, that's great news. Congratulations to you, your family, and mostly the twins. They must be over the moon about it?"

Katalina laughed and as she said," You'd think so, but at this rate, I think it's more so my father. You know something.... I've never seen him sooo happy in such a long time, and Kova - well what can I say.... he's wrapped about becoming an Uncle twice over!"

Roughly an hour later, both Katalina and Dayana said there goodbyes and went there separate ways.

But before heading home, Katalina stopped in at the grocery store to grab some milk and bread, and as she was coming out of the store she literally dumped right into Drayce.

"Woah little lady, what's the hurry?"

Stopping dead in her tracks, Katalina look's up to find Drayce standing there smiling at her.

" Well fancy running into you again for the second time today. It's like the universe is trying to tell us something."

Katalina feeling just a little embarrassed about bumping into him, looks at him as she asked him what could that possibly be?

Drayce laughs, shrugs his shoulders as he tells her that her guess is as good as his.

Than he says," Okay, well I've been meaning to catch up with you for sometime now, so while I've got you here - I was wondering if your free to join me for dinner tonight at The    Pearlstone tavern.... say at 6pm. I'll meet you there?"

Katalina taken by surprise, stumbles for words, as she finally agrees to join Drayce for dinner.

"Excellent, I'll see you than," he told her.

A little while later when she finally got home, she ran straight to her room and raided her cupboard for something to wear.

"Nope, nope,nope," she said flipping through the clothes on the rack.

"Arghhh fuck it, why is it sooo damn hard to find something to wear?"

Please, if your liking my story  feel free to like and leave a comment....