Chapter Eighteen....

Th first to arrive was Dayana and as she walked around the back, she was greeted by Mr Keightley.

"Why hello there Dayana, so glad to see you could make it. Please grab a drink and make yourself at home."

As she sat down and poured herself some of the fresh punch Katalina had made, Kova just happened to walk outside with an armful of different sauces, salt & pepper, some butter and some bread and placed them down on the table.

That's when he happened to notice Dayana sitting there.

"Hey there Dayana, I didn't see you come in. I'm so glad that you could make it," he said as  he took a seat next to her.

Dayana smiled and told Kova she's just happy she got an invite.

Roughly about 10 minutes later, both the twins rocked up and Katalina lead them around the back to join everyone else.

As they both sat down, their father handed them both a drink and asked if they needed anything else.

Shaking their heads, they both told their father they were fine.

Looking at his two pregnant daughter's, he asked how things were going.

Ksenia said," Everything is fine with both baby and me... Wylan on the other hand has gone baby crazy. He's done up a room as the nursery in the shades of lemon,beige and a touch of white, he said we can change the colour scheme once the baby finally arrives.
And right at this very moment, he's at home building an outside play area just for the baby.
I tell ya, it's madness...as this child's not even born yet and he's out building a play area that the child won't be using for at least a year."

Keane looked straight at her twin, laughed and said," Your right, that is crazy. Lucky for me Rhysand decided that we would wait til the baby is born before we do up a nursery."

On hearing all this, the twins father laughed as he recalled the time when their mother first found out she was pregnant with them.
He told his girl's that she went out and practically brought the shop out.

As Ksenia took a sip of her drink, she looked up at her father and said," Oh really?"

"Yes really. I actually thought your mother was crazy when she went out and brought two of everything. Little did we know at the time she was carrying the two of you.
So I guess in the end that actually came in handy .
But  I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's just a normal reaction for a first time parent to go through, and both Wylan and Rhysand are going to make excellent father's."

And with that said, he turned to walk back inside, grabbed all the meat and went back outside to get the bbq started.

As he cranked the bbq and started to prepare everything, Kova asked his father if he needed any help, and his father assured him that he had everything under control.

Kova mumbled something under his breath as he watched his father put all the meat on the bbq plate.

"What was that son?"

"Oh nothing, nothing at all," Kova said as he picked up his empty cup to refill it with more of the punch.

"Great punch you made sis," he said trying to change the topic.

Katalina thanked her brother as she took a seat next to her sister Keane and started to pick at the cobbler on the table.

While there father was busy cooking up all the meat, the twins, Kova, Dayana and Katalina spoke among each other about the babies and Keane's up coming wedding and about what's been happening lately.

"Shit, shit, shit!" They heard there father say.

Kova looked at his sister's, rolled his eyes and said," Let me guess.... he's burnt the fucken sausages!"

Just as he finished saying that, Maximous quickly bolted from underneath the table and headed for the patio as an escape route.

Kova couldn't help himself, he bursted out laughing as he said," Yeah mate I'd run and hide too if I were you!"

"Kova." Dayana said as she slap him one across the back of his head.

He just looked at her as he said," What?
I can't help it if it's true. Everytime the old boy here cooks snags on the bbq, he ends up burning the damn things and then tries to fed  them to the dog. It's not my fault that big lug has the balls to run away and hide, and I don't say I blame him. Just look at these damn things will you, they're that burnt you could just about use them like charcoal to draw with. Would you like me to show you!"

Dayana laughed as she told him she'd take his word  for it, as she than started to dish her meal out.

A few hours after everyone had eaten, Dayana looked at the time and than thanked everyone for a lovely lunch and a wonderful afternoon. And she congratulated both the twins on their pregnancy and Keane on her up coming wedding and said she had to get going cause they're going out tonight to visit her Grandparents.

Not much longer after Dayana had left, both the twins decided to call it a day and head on home.

As Kova was helping his sister to clean up and take all the leftovers from lunch inside and put them in the fridge, he turned and said to Katalina," Well that went okay, except for the old boy burning them damn snags. It's got me beat why he even wastes his time  knowing he's just going to end up burning them.
But other than that, it was great catching up with the twins and Dayana.... And speaking of the twins,  wouldn't you agree  Ksenia is quite big for 5 mths compared to Keane. What's the bet Ksenia ends up having twins?"