Chapter Sixteen

Poor Dayana was gobsmacked, she didn't know what to say, let alone think.

Total silence washed over her for about 10 seconds, until Dayana shouted out at her,
"Um hang one sec... no, no, no, you can't just say something and think you can just walk away and leave it at that.
So come on, tell me all about this mystery man you were spotted with, and don't leave anything out!"

Katalina stopped, turned to face Dayana and told her she's already mentioned all there is to tell about her mystery man.

Dayana now starting to get confused as she thinks long and hard for a minute or two trying to picture this mystery man in her head, but try as she might, all she conkered was a blank space.

Dayana looks at her friend and says," I don't understand why your being so stubborn.
Why don't you just come right out and tell me for fuck sake?"

" That would be because the last time I spoke to you about this man Dayana, you basically laughed in my face and accused me of making thing's up."

Dayana thinks for a moment, than suddenly it dawns on her, and she say's," O.M.G, your referring to your mystery man....  the one that only you can see aren't you Katalina?
But how's that even possible when he isn't real?
But in saying that - how on earth did Romilly and Zerenity see him???"

Katalina looks straight at her and say's,"Isn't it obvious - he's not fake and he's certainly not made up in my head. He is as real as you are standing right here in front of me, and his name is  Drayce."

In hearing that Dayana was totally  dumbfounded... Stumped for words.

So Katalina took that moment to sit back down on the park bench and told Dayana all about her date and where Drayce had taken her.

She even told her that he was the perfect gentleman.

She also mentioned that they danced, talked, ate a delicious meal and just enjoyed each other's company.

"It was the most perfect date ever....
I just wish you could meet him Dayana, as I'm positive you will like him."

All of a sudden Dayana jumped up off the park bench she was sitting on and says,
"Oh my God! You're in love with him!"

Katalina stares at her blankly and say's,
" Here's a hint: I'm not telling you."

Not long after there little chat, Katalina said goodbye and started to make her way home.

She wasn't in any hurry, so she took her time as she merrily strolled down pass Shadebell.

Part of her was curious as to how things were progressing with the old house that use to be there.

Last she had heard, the young fella who had brought it dozed it down.
Just thinking about that old house gave her goose bumps.

So deep in thought, she didn't notice that both Romilly and Zerenity had just walked up to her.

" Hey, what's happening?"

" Not alot, was just on my way home after seeing Dayana, and I just happened to stop here and started thinking about that old house on the hill.
Boy did that place give me the jitter bugs!"
Katalina told Romilly and Zerenity.

Both Romilly and Zerenity smiled at her, than Romilly says," Well apparently now it's got the concrete down and the floor plan has just started to take place.
I've heard they've even had a truck up there removing some trees and other bits and pieces from the property.
Also there's talk there going to build a dam down the back and a horse's stable is getting built."

" According to the local gossip in town, the young fella who brought the property is pretty well off. Still no-one in town has a clue as to who brought the place.
That's one mystery in it self.
Rumour also has it, the young fella who brought  it isn't  from around here!" Zerenity
rattled off.

" Oh really!"Katalina said quite surprised by what Romilly and Zerenity were telling her.

Continuing on her way home, she thought about everything both Romilly and Zerenity told her, and she found it extremely odd that no-one in town knows who actually brought it.

Once back at home, Katalina decided to grabbed herself a cold drink and headed back out to the lounge-room to watch a bit of telly.

As she made herself comfortable, she flicked through the channels until she came across an olden day western and decided she would sit back and watch it.

Maximous decided he would join her.
So he climbed up next to her on the couch, curled up in a ball and went straight back to sleep.

Than Charlie not wanting to feel left out, popped his head out from his hidden spot and curled up against the other side of Katalina.

Somewhere along the lines of watching the movie, Katalina had dozed off.

When Kova came home, that's where he found his sister dead to the world on the couch with both the dog and the cat snuggled right up against her.

She looked so sweet and innocent.

Kova stood debating with himself weather or not he should wake her, and he decided bugger it.

So he yelled out at the top of his lungs,
"This is your 5am wake up call!"

Well Katalina almost shit herself as she jumped almost ten foot in the air knocking poor Maximous to the floor and poor Charlie went totally airborne.

Kova couldn't contain himself, he just bursted out in fits of laughter.

"Oh ha, ha,ha, your sooo fucken hilarious aren't you. Just you wait, one of these days I'm going to get you when you least expect it," Katalina shouted at her brother.

Kova still laughing says," I'm sorry sis, but your such an easy target and I just couldn't resist."

"Go to hell! she shouted at him.

"Well, that's the problematic point. I may have managed to lock myself out from there."