Chapter Seven

Fifteen minutes  later after leaving Bethanys, Katalina finally arrived home and went grabbed herself a cold drink, then went sat on the patio with Maximous  curled up at the bottom  of her feet.

She was still floating on cloud nine and couldn't  believe  how well the lunch date with Drayce went and how well they got on.
It was like they were long lost friends who hadn't seen each other for a couple of years.

She was truly over the moon and couldn't get over the fact that he was actually  here in the flesh.

Katalina  was in such a daze that she didn't  even notice  Kova  had come outside.

"Penny for your thought," he said coming up behind her and scarring her half to death.

"Damn you Kova, your going to be the death of me one day!"

He just laughed,  as he took a seat next to her and asked if everything was alright.

Katalina  asured him everything was fine, that she was  just thinking about something  Dayana had told her.
It clearly was a white lie, but there was no-way in hell she was going to tell her brother she was thinking about the date she'd just been on.

There's  just no-way she was going to say anything  to Kova, or anyone for that matter.
Not even her best friend.

Nope absolutely  not!

Can you imagine  the questions that would be thrown  her way, expecially by Dayana.

Nut, things were better left as they were for now, she thought to herself.

Kova waved his hand in front of his sister's face trying to get her attention as he asked her once again if she was feeling okay.
She asures him she's fine, she just needs to lay down for awhile.

So up she gets and heads to her bedroom  to lay down.

Meanwhile  downstairs,  Kova is giving his father a helping hand in the kitchen preparing  dinner and chatting  away about there day. Thats when Kova tells his father about Katalina  acting strange.

Sometime later, Katalina  wonders downstairs to join her brother and father for dinner. It was delicious  meal of fried chicken, baked potatoes,  pumpkin, carrots and beans.

When they had finished  eatting and had cleaned up the  kitchen, they than moved into the lounge-room for a nightcap before bed.

Katalina  was the first one to call it a night  as she got up, kissed her father on the check  and headed upstairs to get herself redy for bed.

She turned back the blankets,  climbed  into bed and turned out the light.
Within minutes she was  sound asleep, dreaming about Drayce.

Over the next couple of days, Katalina threw herself into to her work at the bakery.

Come the weekend  she was so  looking forward to a few days away enjoying the great outdoors with Dayana.
She even asked Romilly and Zerenity  to join them, seeing a catch up with them was long over due.

So around 4pm on Friday afternoon  Katalina had got her brother Kova to drive  Dayana, Romilly,  Zerenity and herself  out to Amgus Lagoon. 

It was a beautiful place, with it's garden beds full of silky wild roses, love swamp Spanish oak and white blue Laurel flowers.

There also was tall pink Oak trees and Bastard Brittle bushes scattered throughout the camping grounds.

The girls decided on pitching their tents under the big pink Oak trees for shade, and once they were done setting up, they cranked up the fire and Zerenity threw a few snags on the fire plate to cook.

"Now this is definitely the way to spend the weekend. It's so peaceful and quiet out here, I only wish one of us had suggested this sooner," Romilly said as she plonked her butt down near the fire.

" Couldn't agree more with you if I tried..... Sausage?"  Zerenity said taking the snags off the fire plate and placing them down on a tray.

After they had finished eating, Romilly, Zerenity, Dayana and Katarina went sat around the campfire and spoke for awhile about what they've all been up too lately.

They stayed up talking, laughing and telling jokes for ages, when Katalina was the first one to call it a night, as she got up and went to the tent she was sharing with Dayana.

Not long after, Dayana, Zerenity and Romilly soon followed Katalina's lead.