Chapter Seventeen....

After the fright Kova gave his sister, Katalina pulled herself together as she got up and made her way to the kitchen to grab herself a cold drink.

As she walked in, she got smacked in the face by all the aromas that were coming from the pot sitting on top of the stove.

"Mmm something smells absolutely amazing."

Coming into the kitchen and standing behind her, Kova says," That would be our dinner cooking. I'm making a curry chick with rice.
Father actually put in a request for it this morning before he left for work."

" Well it smells amazing and I cannot wait til it's finally cooked, as I'm starving."

Kova smiled at his sister as he lifted the lid and gave the curry a quick stir and replaced the lid, than headed back out to the lounge -room to join his sister.

Sitting down they spoke for ages about all kinds of stuff until there father came home, and went had himself a quick shower to freshen up before dinner.

Dead on 6pm, Kova went about dishing out the meal for everyone, and as they sat down to eat,their father spoke about the twins.

He told Kova and Katalina that both Ksenia and Keane are both doing fine, that there both now 5mths pregnant and are now talking baby names.

He said that he's invited them both over for a BBQ lunch on Saturday and even suggested for Katalina to ask Dayana along.

Kova practically rolled his eyes when he heard his father suggest having a BBQ.

After dinner, Katalina thanked her brother for an amazing meal.
Than she decided to call it a night, as she had an early start in the morning.

Climbing into her bed, Katalina made herself comfortable, switched off her lamp and within 10 minutes she was out for the count.

She slipped into a deep sleep and soon found herself standing on a mountain with small colourful stones.
Something about this spot seemed kinda formular to her, but she just couldn't quiet place it.
As she followed the path, it lead her through a cave which than lead her to a dungeon with endless pathways.

Again everything seemed like she's been here before, but she still couldn't recall it.
She couldn't even understand why she was there.

But something was urging her on, so she followed a path that lead her down a poorly lite corridor, until she came to that same huge wooden door that blocked the pathway.

Unlike last time when it wouldn't open, she was shocked to find it actually opened when she turned the door handle.

As she stepped into the room, the door suddenly slammed shut behind her and she found herself in the dark.
She tried the door handle, but it wouldn't budge.

"Kicking it doesn't help!" she heard someone say. 
But who?
She didn't reckonize the voice, so she began to wonder if the person in the room with her was a friend or a foe.

Her body started to tremble as pure fear washed over her.

And that is when whoever it was in the room with her took that opportunity to strike and grab her from behind.

She let out one hell of a scream.

"Katalina wake up, your having a bad dream sweetheart," she heard her father say as he tried to comfort his daughter.

"Oh Daddy it was horrible."
"Shhhh sweetheart, just close your eyes and go back to sleep, it was nothing but a bad dream", her father assured her.

So closing her eyes, she soon dozed back off to sleep.

As her father got up to leave, he switched the light off as he closed the door behind him.

                    **************

In the morning Katalina tried to picture the pieces of her dream last night together.
But the more she tried, she just couldn't put the pieces of that puzzle together.

It was driving her nuts!

Nothing was making any sense to her.
Why did she dream of that same old place and just what did it all mean?
And who on earth was in that room and what did they want with her???

Walking into the kitchen, she grabbed herself a coffee and headed outside to sit on the patio and enjoy the morning sunshine.

It just so happened to be a fabulous morning.

The sun was shining brightly in the beautiful blue sky, a little breeze was blowing and in a near by tree she could hear the birds chirping merrily away.

As she sat drinking her coffee, she couldn't help but smile as she thought about life in general.

Not long after she had finished her coffee and placed her empty mug in the sink, Katalina grabbed her purse and started making her way to work.

On arriving, she grabbed her apron and started making her way over to her work station.

"Morning, beautiful day isn't it?"

Katalina smiled at her and said she couldn't agree anymore with her.

Than she told Dayana about the family bbq on Saturday and that her father suggested she'd asked if she wanted to come along.

"That sounds great, off course I'll be there.
I can't wait to see the twins and find out how there going."

"Awesome, I'll let Father know.
He will be glad your coming along...as will Kova and the twins."

It had been an extremely long day and Katalina was exhausted, and not long after she had her dinner, she called it a night...

                            *******

Saturday couldn't arrive quick enough,and Katalina had gotten up, quickly got dressed and went downstairs to give her father a hand with organising the food.

She made up some devil eggs, a toss salad, potato salad, rice salad and placed a few more items down on the table.

The night before she made up a cobbler and a cheesecake and a non- alcoholic punch.

Happy with the outcome, Katalina went grabbed herself a cold drink and went to wait for the guests to arrive.

If your enjoying my book so far please feel free to leave a comment and  press the like button..