Chapter 4

Sukuna had finally allowed (Y/n) to take control, despite him losing the rest of the day and tomorrow to take control. This is because, the Second Phase was cooking, now, don't get him wrong, he loves cooking... For himself. So, he decided to allow (Y/n) to cook. Now, the kid isn't that bad of a cook. But, despite this, Menchi instantly gave an X to his prepared meal.

"What?! Why!?" (Y/n) cried as he ignored the loud cackles from Sukuna. "It's bland! I don't even have to taste it to know it's bland!" Menchi exclaimed as she pointed at the food. Meanwhile, Buhara happily gobbled away at the food, like he had the other food, clearly not caring about the taste. With that, (Y/n) sulked away, disappointed in not being able to pass, but that soon went away.

(Y/n) had soon noticed a pattern, everyone's product looked the same as the other. Just an over-roasted whole pig on a pile of lettuce. Along with the piles of bones piling up behind Buhara, not even half the size of Sukuna's pile of bones in his Innate Domain. Of course, the monstrosity (Y/n) created, is splattered on the ground, away from the table.

"Seriously? Can't anyone out there make something that'll satisfy my taste buds?!" Menchi yelled out while waving around the X symbol. With that, Leorio stepped up, looking proud of his "original" idea, having just added a small flag on top of the pig. "Tell me how much you love it," Leorio said cockily, waiting for them to pass him.

"IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A KID'S MEAL?!" Menchi exclaimed while tossing Leorio's product into the air. Where Buhara quickly grabbed the pig, happy as can be. Next was Gon, who presented his product with beautiful flowers, but overall still looked the same. "IT'S JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE!!" Menchi exclaimed, shoving it off of the table.

Once again, Buhara grabbed it out of mid-air, just happy to have more food. "The next entry's mine, ready to be judged," Kurapika said presenting a burger. "Well, finally, something that resembles an actual dish," Menchi said with a deadpanned expression. For the first time, Menchi took a bite of the burger, wanting to see if it was as good as it looks.

"In short, the taste is insignificant. GROSS!!" Menchi yelled out, tossing the burger in the air. Of course, Buhara was there to catch it. Kurapika looked shocked and slightly offended, having thought it was all presentation. "Presentation is important, but not at the expense of the flavor" Menchi explained, debunking Kurapika's theory.

"You're no better than Number 403," Menchi said as she gave Kurapika the X symbol. "That was so much food. I couldn't take another bite" Buhara said with a happy sigh. Behind him, the pile of bones had grown, now reaching only half the size of Sukuna's throne.

"Yeah, I'm pretty stuffed, myself" Menchi grumbled out, despite only eating part of Kurapika's product. "So, none of you passed to the next phase. Exam's over!" Manchi announced as she stood up, making most of the examinees gasp. Unknown to them, Satoz has been spying on them this whole time.

Of course, people started to complain, while Killua and (Y/n) bickered with each other. "Ha! I won the bet! Pay up" (Y/n) said with an outstretched hand. "No way! That's so unfair! Plus, I can't pay you with no money!" Killua pointed out. "Wh- You spent it all on those Robot treats, didn't you?" (Y/n) asked with a knowing look.

They were quickly interrupted by someone breaking their table, obviously having anger issues. "This is unacceptable! Do you hear me? I will not accept this!" The man exclaimed like he had a choice. "Say what you want, but you still failed," Menci said, not caring about his outburst.

Then she went on a rant about how she risks her life for food, it's motivational, but also not something (Y/n) listened to. "Yeah, but come on pork? No matter how you cook it, it's still just pork" an uncultured ninja commented. "YOU WANNA SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME?! If I hear any more crap from you, I'll shove my arm up your ass, and knock your teeth out! Got it?!" Menchi yelled out as she gripped his scarf, forcing him down to her height.