Chapter 21

"Brat! Why are we following these dumbasses in their stupid plan?!" Sukuna spat in (Y/n)'s head, sounding quite irritated. "Because, they're my friends, I'm not letting them get themselves killed" he answered back, earning a huff of annoyance from the curse. "So, how do we go about capturing these guys?" Leorio asked, still not understanding the danger they're in.

"We don't" (Y/n) answered, having been silent this whole time. "He's right, they're way out of our league, it's not happening" Killua added, which frustrated Leorio. "Oh, come on!! First the weird mouth, now you two?! We won't know until we try! Besides, why didn't you mention this before?!" Leorio exclaimed, while slapping his hands on the table.

"Sukuna technically told you this, he says your puny brain is to small to comprehend his warning" (Y/n) said as he pointed to his cheek. "Well, tell him that his pathetic warning wasn't even a warning!!" Leorio exclaimed as he pointed at the kid. "Quit yelling, they'll notice us" Killua scolded, making Leorio stutter in realization.

"Awhile back, our father brought (Y/n) along to kill a spider for a job" Killua said as he grabbed his ice-cream sundae. "Oh, I remember that! He kept complaining how little money he got for such a job. Sukuna was disappointed he didn't get to fight them" (Y/n) butted in. "He even brought us together and told us to steer clear of the phantom troop" Killua added, remembering the interaction like it was yesterday.

"Eh... They can't be that strong... Right?" Leorio asked hesitantly, now nervous at the new information. "Just imagine those two people, sitting at that table, were both Hisokas" Killua said causally. (Y/n) felt Sukuna shudder at the image, now feeling less enticed to follow the two phantom troupe lackies.

Suddenly they felt the intense bloodlust coming from the two lackies. "Things has gotten interesting, you should be afraid! They're onto you" Sukuna mocked as he stared at Leorio. "G-Gah! M-Maybe we should move spots! I think they spotted us!" Leorio exclaimed, having fallen for Sukuna's trick. "No, we're fine, this guy is just riling you up, ignore him" Killua said as he slapped the mouth away.

"Looks like they're on the move, are we going to follow them?" (Y/n) asked, as he watched the two troupe lackies walk off. "Of course, if we want that money, failure isn't an option" Leorio said calmy, despite how nervous he looked. "That's right, we can't leave empty handed" Gon said with a determined look.

"Okay, fine, but listen, Gon, (Y/n), and I will track them. No matter what, we can't let them spot us, which means we have to use Zetsu" Killua ordered them. "Before we go, I have a rule for us. If they spot us, we retreat immediately, no questions asked" (Y/n) said with a serious look. "Right, our signal will be one ring" Killua agreed, while Gon nodded wordlessly in agreement.

"Leorio, you stay here and keep an eye on the auction" Killua ordered as he looked up at the older male. "I'm going up ahead, I'll be back-up if you two get caught" (Y/n) said as he pointed ahead of them. "Alright, stay safe!" Gon said as he waved off his friend. With that, (Y/n) vanished from his spot, which shocked Leorio at how fast the kid moved.

~~~

"Guys... I don't like this, they're obviously waiting for someone" (Y/n) spoke into the phone, in a hushed tone. "Should we retreat?" Gon asked worriedly. "No, they haven't made any suspicious moves yet, if we move they'll know where we are" Killua said sternly. They were interrupted by someone's phone ringing, but it wasn't one of their phones, it was their target's phone.

"I'm hanging up. If they spot us, run for it, as fast as you can, got it? The next time I ring, it means we bail" Killua instructed, before hanging up. "Brat, get out. Now!" Sukuna exclaimed at his vessel, but it was to late as they were already spotted. Before he could react, he was already trapped in the room, both the door and the window being occupied by a troupe member.