Chapter 22

"Hm? Why did the train stop?" (Y/n) asked innocently, as their mode of transportation had come to a halt. "Who knows, seems like it's important though," Killua said causally. "Hey, I don't have any reception down here. And we don't know when the train starts moving again" Gon said with a slight frown.

"Looks like we'll just have to run..." Killua grumbled, disappointed that they have to continue on foot. Easily they got off the train and ran in front of it. No one attempted to stop them, as they weren't daring enough to follow them. Eventually, they found the nearest exit and got out of the underground system. Now with reception, Gon decided to call Kurapika again.

"Hey! Kurapika! We finally got ahold of you. Yeah, can you talk right now?" Gon asked, hoping he wasn't intruding on something important. "Wait! Just give me a minute! I have something I really need to tell you. Killua, (Y/n), and I, found the troupe. Actually, they kind of caught us" Gon said a bit nervously.

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! Do you have ANY idea of how dangerous they are?!" Kurapika exclaimed, loud enough for Killua and (Y/n) to hear him. "Here, let me talk to him. Hey, (Y/n) here! Uhm... Well, Sukuna did warn us, but we went in anyways. We got out, but fighting them is practically impossible for us" (Y/n) said as he held Gon's phone.

"So... We thought we can get your help! You know, getting us ready to fight them with you" (Y/n) said sheepishly. "This isn't a game, I'm not going to help you get yourself killed," Kurapika said stubbornly. "Give it here! Listen up! If you don't see us as your friends and equals. We'll do whatever it takes to make you help us!" Killua yelled through the phone. Once he was done, he shoved the phone back to Gon.

"Ah... He hung up" Gon said, sounding a bit disappointed. "Uh... We have plan B, asking Sukuna for help instead" (Y/n) said, though it sounded more like a question. "As if I'd help you! I don't even like this plan! Give up!" Sukuna spat, earning a glare from Killua. "Like I wanted your help anyways!!" Killua exclaimed as he pointed at Sukuna's eye, tempted to poke it.

Suddenly (Y/n) head snapped toward the auction building, despite it being so far away. "Looks like Father and Grandfather are having fun" (Y/n) said, his pupils having shrunken. On cue a tremor shook the ground, confusing Gon, and getting Killua on alert. "Was that... Your family's power?" Gon asked nervously while looking at his two friends.

"Most definitely, they tend to overdo it" Killua huffed, not impressed by his family's power. "We should go check on Leorio, this isn't our fight" (Y/n) reminded them. "Right!" Gon exclaimed as they continued their journey on foot. When they finally got Leorio, and their newly acquired employee. They were greeted by two drunk older men and a messy floor.

"Hey! You're back, huh? Join the party, come on have a drink with us!" Leorio encouraged as he held up his wine glass. Sukuna was tempted, but then remembered his vessel is not of age yet. "I'll pass... Also, I thought you aren't allowed to drink yet?" (Y/n) asked, slightly forgetting how old Leorio is. "Who cares? It's not like I'll be arrested" Leorio slurred as he took a sip from his glass.

Finally, the two men sobered up enough to hear their endeavors. "Man... Look, I had no idea, I'm just amazed you three got out alive," Leorio said honestly. "As if I'd allow my vessel to die by them" Sukuna scoffed, seemingly offended. "I'll never get over seeing that... It's so creepy" Zepile said as he shuddered when looking at (Y/n)'s cheek. "You get used to it, after a while" Killua reassured, as he spoke from experience.

"Well, on a side note, tomorrow, Zephile and I will hit up the auction. You guys are coming too, right?" Leorio asked as he looked at the three kids with hope. "I'd like to, but I need to find Kurapika and learn all about Nen" Gon said apologetically. "So, you guys actually got through to him?" Leorio asked, astonished that Kurapika actually answered his phone.

"Yeah, but he kind of hung up on us before we could get more information" (Y/n) said sheepishly. "Wait, you say you're going to learn about Nen from him? I thought he just learned about Nen" Leorio said, looking a bit agitated. "Sure, but Kurapika managed to defeat a member of the Phantom Troupe" Gon pointed out, making a reasonable explanation. 

"He knows something about it we don't. He has to" Killua added in, looking quite certain about this. Their conversation was interrupted by Gon's phone ringing. "Kurapika! You called back!" Gon exclaimed happily, only to frown in confusion. "What's wrong?" (Y/n) asked curiously. "The Phantom Troupe... Is dead" Gon informed them, with a disappointed look.