Chapter 29

"Thanks for taking the time to come out, everyone. As I mentioned, via contact, Team Genthru is getting very close to completing the game. I just checked the ranking, they're currently at 96 types" Kazule said to the audience in front of him. "Question! How do you check their ranking?" (Y/n) asked as he raised his hand.

"Oh, well--" Kazule didn't get to explain as someone cut him off. "Great! You don't even know how to do that?! We don't have time to explain the whole game to them. So just cut to the chase" Asta rudely remarked, earning glares from Killua, Gon, and Bisky. "There's no need to be mean, we're all here to exchange information" Kazule ridiculed her, but didn't seem bothered.

"He's right, Asta, these kids might have a bit of intel you don't" Kazule's friend added in. This made it evident that none of them could see Sukuna, or make out that Bisky wasn't a kid. "Ha! That's impossible, they're rank amateurs who don't even know how to use the Trade Shop" Asta scoffed.

"In the Trade Shop, you can look at the official rankings of who has the most cards. This could be really useful, and if you pay a fee, they will tell you which specific cards they have" Kazule explained, answering (Y/n)'s question. "But getting a layer's name from the ranking still won't let you use Contact or Fluoroscopy on them. You got to meet them for that. Heh. Do you feel a little smarter now, little boy?" Asta mocked as she turned to (Y/n).

"Ooooh, thanks! That helps a lot!" (Y/n) said with a grateful smile. Asta's eyebrows furrowed, confused by how happy he was. But, she couldn't shake the feeling of something sinister glaring at her, from behind the child. "If we know all of the members of the team. We can determine exactly how many cards they have between them" Kazule's friend commented.

"And Team Genthru is only missing zero, two, nine, and 75 in all" Kazule explained, which perked Gon's interest. "There's a well-accepted theory that zero appears in an event. After the other 99 are collected, so they only need three" Kazule explained, which added to why he gathered a group together.

"What we're proposing is to find one of those three types, before they do, and monopolize it. Preventing them from clearing the game" Kazule finished. "Really? That's it? I figured we could at least stop them with spell cards" Asta grumbled as she tapped her foot impatiently. "We've learned they already obtained a Paladin's Necklace. SO Levy is the only spell that will work" Kazule explained, shutting down her idea.

"Let's assume that Genthru is willing to reveal the fact that they have 96 types. Because they got all their pages protected by Fortress" Kazule's friend theorized. "It's possible..." Gon mumbled, earning a hum of agreement from Bisky. "And Genthru was hoarding a bunch of spell cards. Him and the other guys that tried to recruit us, so it makes a lot of sense" Killua noted, verifying the theory.

"Well, we could always take the cards by force" Asta reasoned to Kazule. "Will you be willing to lead the attack? Who knows what other abilities that three-man team has to offer" an older man interrupted. "The most practical plan is to find a card type to monopolize. No objections?" Kazule asks, wanting to make sure they agree.

"I do, these new members are going to be a problem," Asta said, still vexed about (Y/n)'s group. "Hold up, each team satisfies the prerequisite. All of them hold more than 50 cards, just like you insisted, to begin with," Kazule reasoned, a bit frustrated with her. "Yeah, maybe so, but I also insisted that they had to be people who could contribute. I fail to see how either of these little kids is going to contribute anything" Asta sneered as she looked down at the kids.

"Oh, you've really done it now," Killua said, as he glanced over to the enraged cursed spirit. "What are you- GAH!" Asta cried as she was lifted off of the ground. "Sukuna! Let her go!" Gon frantically said as he stood up from his spot. "Sukuna?" "Who's that?" "What's happening to her?!" The groups murmured and panicked.