Chapter 8

(Y/n) happily bounced along the forest floor, the tall trees blocking out the setting sun. His button rested against his chest, showing itself to the world. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks as he tilted his head to the side, his smile turning into an annoyed frown. "Can you quit following me? What do you want?" (Y/n) asked seemingly no one.

He was met with silence, he then looked up at the trees, making sure Killua is close by. His frown turned into a sadistic smile as he continued his trek through the forest. Killua watched from above, a dark shadow covered his bloodshot eyes, as he frowned at the floor. A rope sat in his arms, ready to use on the stalker that followed his precious brother.

(Y/n) innocently stared up at the struggling stalker, strapped to the top of a tree. "That took longer than expected... Hey Kill, is this your target?" (Y/n) asked while holding out the badge to Killua. "Hm... No, you can keep it" Killua said casually, which earned a bright gleaming smile from his brother as he stuffed it away into his pocket.

"So, what do we do with him?" (Y/n) asked while pointing to the person. "Leave him, he got what he deserved," Killua said as he goes to head off. "Wait! Didn't he have people with him? What if they come for him?" (Y/n) asked, while catching up to Killua so he doesn't lose him. "It's fine, now go to sleep, you need it more than I do" Killua ordered, which earned a groan of dismay from (Y/n).

Due to falling asleep, Killua was forced to carry (Y/n) along his back as they continue their travel. "There you are! You're the one who strung up our brother!" Someone exclaimed from behind Killua. Turning around, he came face to face with three males, one of them being the male that was stalking (Y/n) a few hours ago.

"Can you quiet it down? Can't you see my brother is sleeping? You're disturbing him" Killua said calmly, which angered the duo. "Why you little punk! Come here- HRK!" Before one of them could touch Killua, they were harshly hit in the gut. "Oh, would you look at that? 199. Must mean one of you must have 197, the badge my brother is looking for" Killua noted as he held out a badge.

"Damnit it, hey Umori, are you alright?" Amori, one of the three males, asked while looking down at his brother. "Yeah... That brat is going to pay" Umori said as he got up while clutching onto his gut. "Get in formation, I don't think this kid is normal" Amori ordered, with that, the trio surrounded Killua.

Before they could initiate their attack, Killua vanished from their sight. "Up there!" Amori announced, only to realize his mistake too late. Which a quick punch, he was sent flying onto a tree, causing the tree to shake and forcing him into unconsciousness. A hand was then pointing to the unconscious male's neck, threatening to cut it off with his sharp nails.

"Hey! Look Kill, this guy has my number!" (Y/n) exclaimed happily, as he held out the badge he stole when he punched the male. "Oh, really? What a lucky shot," Killua said as he retracted his hand, no longer needing to threaten the others for the badge. "Hey, can you give me 198? The one we don't need?" Killua asked as he walked up to (Y/n), holding out his hand.

"Oh! Sure... But, what are you going to do with it?" (Y/n) asked curiously as he handed over the badge. "This" Killua said as he tossed the badge into the air, letting it fly far into the trees. "Woah! Nice throw!" (Y/n) praised as he placed a hand above his eyes, trying to spot the badge. "Come on, let's go" Killua ordered as he vanished from his spot. "Hey! Wait for me!!" (Y/n) called out as he did the same, leaving behind two traumatized males.

What the male, who was watching from the shadows, didn't know, was that Killua had an extra badge stored away. So when the ninja ran after the thrown badge, he never ended up with 198. "So... Can I have that badge back? I want to try throwing it!" (Y/n) asked while bouncing next to Killua. "Have at it, make sure you throw it far," Killua said as he tossed over the badge too (Y/n), who tumbled about to catch it.

"Sweeet!" (Y/n) cheered as he then tossed the badge like a frisbee, letting it fly off into the unknown. "Show off, you know you have more strength than me" Killua complained with a playful pout. "I know! Hey, now that we got our badges, I say we wait by the shore. Oh! Then, we can terrorize others who are also hiding out there!" (Y/n) suggested with an excited grin.

~~~

"Phase Four of the Hunter Exam is now officially over! All remaining applicants, please return to the starting point at once! You will be given one additional hour to make your way back. If you still haven't returned by the time that hour is up, you will fail the Exam" the examiner announced. On cue, Killua and (Y/n) walked out of their hiding spot, now heading for the boat that will soon dock.

"Furthermore, exchanging badges at the starting point is prohibited. Any attempt to do so will result in immediate disqualification" the examiner finalized. In under an hour, the boat had docked, now facing the remaining applicants that survived the island. "Now, we will check the badges of everyone present here!" The examiner exclaimed while holding a clipboard and pen.

When their numbers were called, they showed the badges they hold, all adding up to 6 points. "So... Only seven applicants have passed? Oh, wait!" The examiner exclaimed as she realized she missed three more applicants. "Hey! It's Gon!" (Y/n) pointed out happily. "Three more! You're certainly cutting it close, aren't you?" The examiner asked rhetorically.

Gon smiled back at them with a small wave of his hand, only to look down at Hisoka with a perplexed look. With the last three called out, they presented their badges. "So, these 10 applicants have passed the Fourth Phase of the Exam!" The examiner announced while throwing her hand toward the air. Flying above them was the Hunter Exam's blimp, which housed Netero and the other examiners.

Speaking of, they had arrived back in the blimp, waiting for their last exam. "Attention all applicants, the Chairman wishes to interview you" the intercom spoke out. "Huh? Interview us? For what? Are we famous?" (Y/n) asked curiously. "Of course, we are, you idiot, but I doubt that's the reason" Killua scolded, which earned a pout from his brother.

"When you hear your number, come to the reception room on the second floor. We'll start with number 44, Mr. Hisoka, thank you for your cooperation" the intercom announced, interrupting the duo's conversation. After a good hour, (Y/n) was called up before Killua, despite this, they went together, knowing Killua might be called next.

"Welcome in, please take a seat," Netero said, which (Y/n) happily did, now sitting in front of Netero. "Why do you want to become a Hunter?" Netero asked, while seemingly staring into (Y/n)'s soul. "Hm... Because he wanted me to. Plus, I was bored!" (Y/n) answered honestly, while leaving out any details.

"He? I see... Out of the other 9 applicants, which one are you keeping a close eye on?" Netero asked while looking down at his notebook. "I suppose... I'm keeping an eye on 99! Since he is my brother!" (Y/n) answered innocently, despite knowing that Sukuna wanted him to say someone else.

"Really now? One last question, then we're done. Which of the other eight remaining applicants would you least want to fight?" Netero asked while looking at his notebook. "Number 405, 404, or 403, I don't want to accidentally kill them, Killua wouldn't be happy with me" (Y/n) said with a worried frown.

"Thank you very much, you can go now, and please tell number 99 to come in" Netero dismissed, which (Y/n) happily did. Once Killua was done with his interview, they headed back to their room. "Hey! Kill, who did you say?" (Y/n) asked as he walked beside his brother. "Gon, since he's our same age, then 53, and you, I don't want to fight you today" Killua answered, not bothered with giving him that information.

"Really? I said you, then Gon and his friends, I don't want... Him, fighting them" (Y/n) said in a hushed tone. "Is he planning on appearing in the last round?" Killua asked curiously, as he tilted his head towards (Y/n). "Not sure... But if we're fighting, it's a possibility" (Y/n) warned with a worried look.