Chapter 10

"What a waste of talent, allowing yourself to be beaten by a mere child" (Y/n), in this case, Sukuna spoke, sending a mocking smirk to Hanzo. "What did you say?" Hanzo asked threateningly. "Don't play dumb, with your talents, you could've easily won, instead, you let him beat you" Sukuna seemingly scolded, but in truth, he was just disappointed.

"I expect, when I torture someone, my victim will despise me for the rest of their life. It's more effective and less stressful. When you're in pain, your eyes show a gleam of hostility towards the person responsible. Even with the most extensive training and discipline, that sign of rage is difficult to suppress, but Gon's eyes had no such gleam" Hanzo reasoned while pointing to his own eye.

"Tch, I didn't ask for your explanation, now I know you're even dumber than I expected you to be" Sukuna scoffed, while Hanzo looked rightfully offended. "Don't act all cocky! I bet you'd do the same as well!" Hanzo exclaimed, earning a dark glare from Sukuna, which shook fear into his body. "Don't compare me to you, weakling" Sukuna warned, looking ready to kill someone, mainly Hanzo.

"Now, move out of the way, it's the brat's turn," Sukuna said as he walked past Hanzo, purposely bumping shoulders with him. "Round two! (Y/n) versus Hisoka!" Masta announced as the two opponents stood in front of each other, away from the group. In an instant, (Y/n) tried to attack Hisoka. Surprisingly, his speed was fast, almost hitting Hisoka a couple of times.

This went on for a good few minutes, before Hisoka appeared next to him, ear to ear. "I know how to free your demon" Hisoka whispered to him. (Y/n)'s eyes widened in shock and confusion, trying to process his meaning, but Sukuna knew. "I lose this one" Hisoka announced, just like that, the match was over without (Y/n) even realizing it.

(Y/n) walked back to his spot with a downhearted expression, one that worried Killua. The next match was Hanzo and Pokkle, with Hanzo greatly outmatching Pokkle, who conceded fast. Then it was Hisoka and Kurapika, much like (Y/n)'s match, Hisoka coincided after whispering something to Kurapika. Next, it was Pokkle and Killua, but before the fight could begin, Killua coincided and walked back to his spot.

Finally, Hisoka won a match against Bodoro, not because he was outrightly defeated, but because Hisoka whispered something in his ear. Then it was Killua again, this time against their brother in disguise as a stranger, to say it was a strange match was an understatement. "It's been a while, Kil," Gitarrakur said in a distorted tone and pulled out his pins from his face.

In an instant, his face morphed into their big brother, Illumi. "Big brother!!!/Big brother..." Killua and (Y/n) said in unison, with two very different reactions. "Nice to see you again, (N/n)" Illumi greeted, while briefly turning his attention to (Y/n), then quickly refocused back on Killua. "Wait... He's your brother?" Leorio asked while looking from Illumi to (Y/n), not seeing the resemblance.

"Uh-huh! I knew since the start! He always does that trick for work, it's so cool!!" (Y/n) praised, practically fanboying. "I heard you stabbed mom and Milluki" Illumi commented with a hint of a small blush on his cheeks. "And the guard watching over (Y/n)" Killua added as if that made things better. "Mom couldn't stop crying," Illumi said with a tilt of his head, like one would when they're confused.

"Well, who would blame her? Anybody'd cry if their kid did that" Leorio commented, seemingly glaring at Illumi. "She was just so happy" Illumi interrupted, which caused Leorio to anime fall. "Poke, poke?" (Y/n) questioned as he poked Leorio with his finger, testing to see if he died from the fall.

"She was delighted to see that her sons had finally grown up. But, she is concerned about you being alone with (Y/n), so she asked me to keep a check on you two when I got the chance" Illumi informed while hinting at the fact that Killua can't handle Sukuna alone. "I had absolutely no idea that you two wanted to be a Hunter, as for me, I'm here to get a license for a job that's coming up" Illumi explained calmly.

"Nuh-uh! He wanted to become a hunter because I wanted to!" (Y/n) pipped up, while raising his hand. "He's right, we were both bored, and decided to take it together," Killua said while looking extremely nervous. "I see... Well, that's a relief. In that case, I have some advice for you. (Y/n) might be cut out to be a Hunter, but you are not, you were born for one purpose: To be an assassin" Illumi scolded while sending his Nen at Killua.

"You're a puppet of darkness, devoid of passion. There is nothing you desire, nor is there anything you wish for. As one who lives in the shadows, the only pleasure you're capable of is derived from causing death. Because that's how Dad and I raised you and (Y/n), but unlike him, you refuse to follow our footsteps" Illumi said, sounding greatly disappointed.

But, that was a lie, Illumi and their father did not raise (Y/n), Sukuna did. "What do you imagine that you would accomplish by becoming a Hunter?" Illumi asked curiously. "It's true... I don't really want to be a Hunter. But... Everyone wants something, even me!" Killua said stubbornly. "You don't," Illumi calmly said, which earned a glare from Killua, who looked slightly offended by his remark.

"Wrong! There is something I really want! I want..." Killua trailed off as he looked over towards (Y/n), who happily waved at him. "I want... (Y/n) to be happy... Without the family's work, or that... Thing, in his head" Killua muttered out, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "Impossible," Illumi said, earning a look of shock from Killua, greatly surprised he'd say that about their favorite brother.

"You are not strong enough to help him, no one is. The only thing you can do is watch from the sidelines" Illumi said harshly. Leorio grumbled as he took a step forward, only to be blocked by an Examiner. "You've already been warned, sir, so please--" the Examiner reminded, only to be interrupted.

"Yeah, yeah, I know! Killua! I couldn't care less if this guy's your brother, alright? He's a worthless piece of crap! So don't listen to him! Just beat the crap out of him like usual and win!" Leorio exclaimed. "Hey! Don't talk about Illumi like that!" (Y/n) yelled back, while glaring at Leorio. "No! This is you that they're talking about! How could he talk about you like you're trash!!" Leorio screamed out, while accidentally spitting in his face.

"Now... Let's try this again, either fight me now or admit defeat. You know you can't win" Illumi said as he stepped forward, his hand outstretched to Killua's head. "Come on! You can do it! Defeat him!" Leorio encouraged, oblivious to how terrified Killua is. "You win, Illumi" Killua admitted defeat, unable to take the pressure from Illumi's Nen.

"Oh! Excellent! No need for us to fight then, huh?" Illumi said with a clap of his hands, smiling happily. "Now I know... You're not qualified to watch over (Y/n). So, you keep doing what you've always done: the job Dad and I trained you to do" Illumi said as he leaned down to Killua's height. "Kill..." (Y/n) muttered worriedly, noticing the emotionless look in Killua's eyes.

When they both got back to their spots, Killua stood there silently, ignoring Leorio and Kuapika's attempts to comfort him. Next was Leorio and Bodoro, and unknowingly the last match. Right as they began, Killua sent his hand through Bodoro's chest, killing him instantly. Then, he wordlessly left, with (Y/n) following close behind his brother, of course, not without taking his Hunter License with him.