Chapter 17

"Gon, Killua, (Y/n), starting today, you will be training alongside Zushi. (Y/n), since you're new, do you mind showing us your Ten?" Wing asked politely. "Really? Uh, okay" (Y/n) mumbled with a nonchalant shrug, as he instantly activated Ten without trying. "Woah! You did that without even focusing!" Gon praised as he stared at his friend in awe.

"That's because of Mr. Crusty," Killua huffed, clearly not impressed, while intentionally irking Sukuna. "Zushi, what do you think?" Wing asked, wanting his student's opinion. "It's so soft and tranquil, but I can feel ominous darkness and power" Zushi explained, a bit jealous of how easily (Y/n) activated Ten. "Yosh!" (Y/n) cheered as he fist bumped the air, proud of his progress.

"Now, my assignment for you, Killua and Gon, is for the two of you to practice Ren" Wing instructed, purposely leaving the other two kids out. "Um, what about us, Master?" Zushi asked while pointing at (Y/n) and then to himself. "I believe you two are strong enough to no longer practice Ren, instead focus on In," Wing said confidently.

"What's In?" Killua asked, now curious to know about his sibling's assignment. "I'll show you, Zushi, if you would, please show them your Ren" Wing ordered, politely. With a nervous look, Zushi obeyed Wing's orders and positioned himself into a stance. "Ren!" Zushi yelled out, and on cue, a blast of his aura circulated his form.

(Y/n) stared at Zushi in confusion, having gotten used to the dense pressure. "Now focus that aura into your eyes" Wing instructed, guiding Zushi into learning In. With effort, the boy did as told, shakingly holding up the Ren in his eyes, sweating profusely. "Gyo!" Zushi yelled out after he finished the transition.

"Good, now tell me, do you see the aura surrounding my hand?" Wing asked as he held up his hand. Zushi squinted his eyes at his teacher's hand, slowly he was able to see the aura around it. "Yes..." Zushi hissed, as he strained his body to continue holding up his In. "Now, you two won't be able to see what's on my hand, as there's an aura surrounding it" Zushi explained to Killua and Gon.

"Now, tell me, what number am I holding up?" Wing asked as he formed his aura into a number. "Uh... 5, wait, no! 7" Zushi answered confidently. "No, it's 8" (Y/n) corrected, while pointing at Wing's hand, earning confused looks from Killua and Gon. "Gah!" Zushi gasped as he finally released his Ren as he panted.

"Ah, so my assumption was right, you can see Ren without needing to use your own Ren" Wing noted, completely unbothered. "Tch, stop being a show-off!" Killua grumbled as he glared at his sibling. "It's not my fault! Blame him!" (Y/n) exclaimed defensively as he pointed at his cheek. "Now, by channeling every ounce of your power through Gyo, you'll be able to see my aura just like these two" Wing informed, interrupting the sibling's banter.

"But, with enough training, you'll be able to use Gyo just like (Y/n). Now, do you understand? First, practice using Ren, and master the application known as Gyo. Then and only then will you discover how to see anyone's aura" Wing instructed his four students. "Now, through Nen, you will be able to learn anything regarding Nen. But, Nen's abilities are dependent on the individual, like how hobbies are preferable to certain people" Wing lectured, making sure his students understood.

"Now, you have yet to figure out your own independent abilities or forms. So for now, continue strengthening what you know and enjoy life" Wing instructed, earning an "Osu!" from his students. "I believe the last day of Killua's window to compete is June ninth, and Gon, yours is the tenth, correct?" Wing asked as he walked up to the calendar and tapped it.

"Both of you should register to fight on your final day, (Y/n) you'll register on the 11th, that way you'll all line up," Wing said with a closed-eyed smile. "In the meantime, you'll train, you must both learn Gyo before you enter battle," Wing said, mainly talking to Gon and Killua. "Osu!" The four of them exclaimed in unison, and with that, they were dismissed for the day.