Chapter 23

"Wow, it's been a while since we were all together!" Gon noted happily. "I guess it has! Hey, where's Mr. Zephile?" (Y/n) asked, noticing their lack of a member. "Oh, he went back over to pick up the check, and find some more loot to sell" Leorio explained as they made their way to some elevators. "Hey, you know something?" He asked while glancing over at Kurapika.

"You've got this intensity about you. Your presence is a whole lot stronger than it was" he noted, which confused the male. "Really? Well, I wish... I could say the same for you" Kurapika said, sounding a bit guilty. "And you've also gotten a lot more annoying!" Leorio exclaimed, now pissed by that answer.

"The power difference is obvious, anyone can tell that. So, Kurapika, I heard you killed a member. I think you're really cool, especially when you just recently learned Nen!" (Y/n) praised as stars seemed to replace his pupils. "Thanks, but you can't use that tactic to help you catch the Spiders when they're already dead" Kurapika scolded him.

"As if we need your help! I'll have you know, I killed a Spider before" Sukuna spat as he grinned at Kurapika. "What?! No way... You're able to do that?" Kurapika asked in disbelief. "He might be just a mouth, but he's not one to be messed with" Killua warned his friend. "Woah, that's so cool, Mr. Mouth!" Gon praised, having forgotten Sukuna's name.

"Ignore him, I was just genuinely praising you. But, we also need to learn Nen for future purposes" (Y/n) said as he smacked Sukuna's mouth away. "You... Don't want my advice. I'm afraid it won't do you any good, anyway" Kurapika dejectedly said. "Huh? Why not?" Gon asked innocently, his doe eyes peering up at Kurapika. "Because my power can only be used against the Troupe" Kurapika informed, earning collective gasps from his friends.

"Ah, so that's how you did it. I'll admit, not a bad idea, but a reckless one" Sukuna said, having intently listened to Kurapika's explanation. "I'll take that as a rare compliment, thanks," Kurapika said while bowing his head in appreciation. "In the end, you'll risk your life for something so meaningless. Humans are so pathetic" Sukuna mocked, before getting smacked by his vessel's hand.

"Hey! Quit being mean to my friend!" (Y/n) scolded the old curse. "Wait, hold on! You're not risking your life over this, right?!" Leorio questioned, alarmed by what Sukuna said. "No, he is right, I will risk my life to capture the Spiders. There is a Nen dagger in my heart. If I break the rule, the blade will pierce through, killing me" Kurapika explained while looking down at his chest.

"I'm telling you all this because I trust you. Don't tell anyone else" Kurapika said honestly. "What the hell? Why would you tell us something that's so damn important?!" Killua exclaimed, confused and bothered. "Huh? I'm not really sure... Maybe I felt dispirited because their leader is dead now" Kurapika muttered as he looked down at the table.

"That's the thing, I don't quite get it. How could someone so powerful be dead?" Sukuna questioned in (Y/n)'s mind. "Are you not trusting in Kurapika's words? He saw their bodies with his own eyes" (Y/n) reasoned, while looking up at the ceiling. "No, something's off here, and I don't like it" Sukuna growled, as he tapped his finger on a skull.

"So, what's the problem? Just keep your distance from the mind reader. You and everyone else who knows Kurapika's the chain user" Leorio said, breaking (Y/n) from his internal conversation. "I've also been in contact with Hisoka" Kurapika informed, which shocked everyone. Except for Sukuna, he just scrunched his face in disgust.

"He knows that I am the chain user, as well. We had made a pact, but his target, the leader of the Phantom Troupe, is dead and gone now. So I have no idea what he'll do" Kurapika said honestly. "That's why you don't make stupid packs, idiot," Sukuna said snarkily. "Hey! I said quit it!" (Y/n) scolded him again as he smacked the mouth on his cheek.