7| Change My World

I got out of the shower around 7:15 pm

I got out of the shower around 7:15 pm. I lied around the house and contemplated back and forth on whether I should go out with Jonas or not.

Ultimately, I decided to go. As I searched through my kitchen, it dawned upon me that I had nothing to eat. It won't hurt to get a fancy free meal out of Mr. Billionaire.

I gave myself a silk press a few days ago, and it's still holding up well. I brushed my hair into a loose ponytail and did my make-up. I wore a turquoise body con dress and beige-colored scrappy heels.

At eight o clock on the dot, Jonas rang my doorbell. If there was one thing I had to give Jonas, it's how attractive he is. His dark hair was sleeked back, and I felt like his blue eyes were staring into my soul.

Thankfully Angelica was not home or else she would have grilled me to all hell for going on a date with a rich white man.

"Good evening, you look beautiful." He smiled handing me a bouquet of red and white roses.

I smiled.

Out of all the men I've messed around with in my twenty-three years on this Earth, I have never been given roses before. All the guys I usually mess with are usually broke dip shits who do not have a romantic bone in their body.

"Thank you." I nodded taking a whiff of the roses. They were gorgeous.

I placed them on the kitchen counter and followed Jonas to his luxurious Jaguar. I felt an uncontainable warmness in my heart when he opened the car door for me.

I would be lying if I said this was not throwing me off.

Kal would never.

All of this was new. I had no idea women were still being treated like this.

I guess chivalry isn't dead after all.

I thanked him and got in the car. We arrived at a fancy restaurant downtown. I've never been there because it's a five-star restaurant and I can't afford it.

The ambiance of the restaurant was breathtaking. There were crystal chandeliers everywhere, and the floors and walls were stone white.

"Good evening sir." One of the waiters said nervously as Jonas and I approached the stand.

I don't know why but it was almost as if he was terrified of Jonas. I don't know why. To me, he appeared harmless.

"Right over here sir." He quickly guided us to the best table in the restaurant. "Thank you." Jonas nodded his head at the waiter.

"This place is beautiful." I smiled unable to take my eyes off of the decor. "I'm part owner," Jonas confessed and I gasped.

"Really?" I crossed my legs. "I own quite a few restaurants. I also own two night clubs and I'm set to open a hotel sometime next year."