28| How Much Longer?

Jonas has been gone for three days, and my body was rattling in anticipation to see him

Jonas has been gone for three days, and my body was rattling in anticipation to see him. We talk on the phone all day long, but I miss him.

I entered the grocery store to pick up a few things to buy for the meal I was going to cook him tonight. I've only been to this particular grocery store a few times. I am not used to being able to afford a bottle of water that cost $15.

"Hello, stranger." A male voice said from behind me.

I whirled around, and I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach when I saw Leon standing over me. He was wearing a crisp white button-up shirt and black dress pants. He is such a good-looking man.

"L-Leon...Hi," I said nervously at him.

I have not spoken to him since that day at my apartment where Jonas told him I was his girlfriend.

"Long time no see, how is the relationship going?" He asked in an undermining tone.

He is such a nice guy. I really didn't want to cuss him out, but he is testing me.

"Look, Leon, I never got to explain to you my relationship with Jonas. It's complicated." "Complicated." He snickered. "Let's call a spade a spade. You were playing me." He shook his head in disgust.

"Leon, I was not playing you. I know what it looks like, but that was not the case at all. I knew Jonas before I met you." "Oh, word." He nodded his head. "You didn't let me know that at my housewarming or at his hotel opening. Was he the reason you were crying in my car?"

I stood there in silence. The memory of that emotional night flashed in my mind. Jonas and I have been in total bliss, and we have been able to move on from that night. Yet it still hurt to think about it.

"Look, I'm sorry about your little ego being bruised, but I'm not going to go back and forth with you." "My ego...wow. It's not about that. It's that you lied, and you played in my face. You made me think you were interested in me and the whole time you were probably scouting out for Mr. billionaire. I hope you are happy because I heard that man kills people."

Shit.

"Fuck you." I spat. "Fuck you too." He spat back at me.

BULLET DODGED!

I turned around and left the grocery store without saying anything. I so badly wanted to let him have it, but we were the only two black people in that store. I entered Jonas's apartment, and I smiled in excitement when I saw him standing beside the kitchen counter.

I jumped into his arms and squeezed my arms around his body as tightly as I could. The scent of his cologne made my vision blur from the overwhelming lust I have gained for this man.

"Fuck I miss you." He said as he planted kisses on my cheek. "Your back early," I said before pressing my lips onto his. "I had to get home to you."

I smiled. If you told me six months ago I would be head of heels for this man like this I would want to fight you. I hated everything about him now everything I used to disdain became aspects about him that I love.