17| The Proposition

"Good morning baby

"Good morning baby." My mom smiled entering my room. "Are you ready?" She asked clapping her hands with a content smile on her face.

I took one last glance at myself in the mirror. I've become pretty good at doing my makeup. I still struggle with putting on lashes from time to time, but I'm way better than I was a year ago.

I wore a black dress with tall black stiletto heels. I put my hair into a sleek ponytail, and I wore these diamond earrings I purchased a few days ago. I applied a layer of lipgloss on my lips and met my mom. She wore a green top with white dress pants.

I walked out of my apartment holding hands with my mom. We are going to check out some buildings. I have been thinking about opening my own hair salon for quite some time. Just recently, I finally summon the courage to do it.

As happy and excited as I was to start this venture, I could not kick the funk I was in. Ever since Paz told me she is moving away, it has been weighing on me like a ton of bricks. I just cannot fathom not having Paz in my life. I am going to miss her so much. Tonight is our last night together as roommates. Her flight leaves in the morning. I spent the entire night crying into my pillow. I never realized just how codependent our friendship was. I honestly have no clue what I am going to do when she is gone.

My place tonight?
-Jonas

I looked down at the text message from Jonas and smiled. It's been two weeks since I impulsively stopped by his office to have sex. I have been avoiding him as much as I can, but I know it's only a matter of time before that sex fiend bastard catches up to me.

We arrived at an old building in the inner city. The realtor unlocked the door, and my mom and I stepped in. It was much bigger than I expected, but it was an old building, and it required a lot of repairs.

"How much is this building?" I asked walking around trying to play cool.

Although it was old and it required a lot of work. This is exactly what I'm looking for. The realtor gave me a price, which is far below my budget. I instantly agreed with it.

I signed the paperwork, and the building is as good as mine in a couple of weeks.

It is a dream come true to open up my very own hair salon. I was so excited I could barely keep it in.

"I'm so happy for you." Magnolia kissed me on the cheek and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Aw, thanks." I smiled at her.

Her face seemed drained.

My mom has been in a peculiar mood all morning. She is not as bubbly as she usually is.

"Mom, are you okay... what's the matter?" "I don't want to stress you out, but I'm worried about Angelica."

I pursed my lips. Currently, Angelica and I are not on speaking terms. We got into a huge argument the other day. I don't even remember what it was about, but it was probably something stupid.