26| Punk 🔥

Madison strolled into my office carrying a stack of files

Madison strolled into my office carrying a stack of files. I raised an eyebrow at her look. She's been wearing makeup, and she added highlights to her hair. I can't help but notice she's been putting a little more effort into her appearance since that little stand-down with Cypress.

"Good morning Mr. Dominik." She smiled at me.

I grabbed the files from her hand and gave her a small smile.

"Um, I know this is very unprofessional of me, but I'm having a party this weekend. I was hoping you can come."

I furrowed my eyebrows. In the years' Madison has worked for me, this was very out of character for Madison.

"Thank you for the invitation, but I'm taking my girlfriend on a little trip this weekend."

I have never referred to any woman as my girlfriend. It was so bizarre uttering it. I never asked her to officially be my girlfriend, but she has yet to correct me, so that's what I am going to refer to her as from now on.

Madison pursed her lips. A flash of anger hit her face. It was very brief, but I caught it.

"Girlfriend, I didn't know you had a girlfriend." "It's pretty new. You met her a few weeks ago, her name is Cypress." I said flipping through the files she just handed me. "Oh... her." She said a bit awkwardly. "I get wanting to experiment after your divorce, I'm happy for you."

I paused. Her comment was very calculated.

I need a new secretary.

A call from Cypress came through, and I answered it without even looking at Madison. She's a fragile young girl, and as badly I wanted to tell her to get the fuck out of my office, I decided for now, that I will let it go.

"Hey." "So, does your mom like gold jewelry?" "My mom likes anything expensive," I answered.

Madison stomped out of my office and slammed the door behind her. I licked my lips. I'm firing her.

"Where are you?" I asked Cypress. She sounded like she was a little overwhelmed. "I'm at the mall looking for something to buy for your mom's birthday party tonight."

I nodded my head. "That's not necessary." I laughed. "I can't just show up empty-handed. I don't want to give a bad expression." "Cy, my mom loves you." I chuckled leaning back in my chair.

"Come by my office. I want to take you out to lunch." "You know we are spending a little too much time together." She giggled.

She is right. We have not left each other's sight for the past couple of days. Today is the first time we have been apart for more than a couple of hours, and my body was yearning to see her again.

"I would, but I have to find something for your mom." "I'll see you tonight then." "Don't wait up, I just might be with another man." "Don't play with me Cypress," I said with a smirk. I'm going to plow her to the mattress tonight.