30| Unannounced

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked looking up from my desk to see Eddie with a grim look on his face

I leaned forward, and the mood in my office darkened. I can tell when Eddie is going to give me bad news. I don't know how ready I am for it.

"So I wanted to get some information on Joseph Paul. There was just something in my gut that made me feel as if he was up to no good."

I crossed my fingers together and listened attentively to what Eddie had to say.

"I looked into everything about him, and I was shocked at what I found." He said handing me a folder.

I quickly skimmed through it, and I suddenly felt sick to my stomach at the information before me.

"Are you sure?" I said looking up at Eddie.

I knew there had to be a reason why Joseph was obsessed with Cypress, but I did not think this was why. It was way worse than I can ever imagine.

Eddie nodded his head. "Joseph sent his goons to search of Cypress. It was his men that trashed her apartment that night." I nodded my head. "Does he think I'm going to sit back and let that happen?" I asked doing my very best to contain the pure anger I had rattling in my bones.

Eddie shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, we have to do something before it's too late." I gritted my teeth and quickly got on my feet. I took my phone out of my pocket.

I should have killed him when he offered to buy Cypress. Now, this goes beyond disrespect. He is actively going after what is mine. For that, he is going to die.

I suddenly became nauseous. The thought of anything happening to Cypress scares the living shit out of me. Losing Nigel was a tough bullet to swallow. Even the passing of my dad stung, but I cannot lose Cypress.

I dialed Cypress's number, and it went straight to voicemail. It was my fourth call in the row that she didn't answer. That is not like her at all. The last I heard from her was when she went to speak to Magnolia.

I grabbed my car keys and charged out the door. Eddie and Xander followed behind me. I was at Magnolia's house within twenty minutes. I had to pay off the security guard to let me in.

I felt a beating in my eardrum as I walked up the steps of Magnolia's house. She was surprised to see me, Eddie, and Xander standing on her doorstep.

"The hell do you want?" She asked rudely. "Is Cypress here?" I asked not backing down from her anger. "No, she left. I don't appreciate you just showing up at my house unannounced. You already took my child away from me. It's probably you filling her head with ideas not to talk to me." She spat with rage in her tone.

She could not be serious. Did she forget I was there when she referred to Angelica as her "only child"? It was her words that had hurt Cypress that day.