Hostages and VX

Both of them strode into the coffee shop in a somewhat dramatic way

Both of them strode into the coffee shop in a somewhat dramatic way. In fact, in Hacker's mind, there was even dramatic music playing in the background. Unfortunately, there weren't many people to observe their grand entry. Like, the crowd was even lesser than usual. Only one or two people were spread across the shop, sipping coffee and eating cake. They took a seat and asked for a menu, as part of the ruse.

'So, I and bee will be going ahead and scouting the storage room. You stay here and keep an eye out to see if anyone is coming that way. Warn me if they do.' X instructed, tapping his ear to imply the tiny earbuds they'd fitted in earlier. Hacker nodded.

'I'll also request for the manager and ask around for info. Like, who are the regular customers here, what are their usual timings, etc.' Hacker added

X frowned. 'Can you make the manager open up about something as personal as that to a virtual stranger?'

Hacker laughed. 'I have a gift in the form of being friendly and energetic to the point of making strangers tell me their entire life story.' X nodded. He'd witnessed that happening himself.

Just then their order arrived. X thanked him and asked for directions to the bathroom. The waiter pointed it to him and X stood up. When he had taken a few steps he heard Hacker demanding to see the manager this instant regarding the quality of the food being served. She was an impressive actor. He was almost glad to be able to get away from there.

The bathroom was fortunately in the direction of the storeroom, so no one stopped him. When he reached the door, he took a deep breath and was about to open the door when Hacker's alarmed voice rang through his ears.

'X. Agent incoming from your left. Hide now.'

X bounded to his right and hid behind a conveniently located large vase. He had taken note of all the possible hiding spots from various locations almost instinctually, as he'd been trained to.

He saw a woman, suspicious alright, sneakily put the device to make sure no one was in the room. X carefully took out the bee and drove it over to the agent. When the green light flashed on the device screen, she pulled it out and entered the room. X flew the bee at its top speed, racing to reach the door on time.

To his great surprise, it easily got in and the door shut quietly behind the bee. Hacker must have increased its flight timings, he thought.

The bee followed the woman to the same spot where the previous guy had disappeared. Now, with the bee's ultra-sensors, he realized that they were, in fact, biometric systems that recognized the agents. On an impulse, he drove the bee into the woman's back pocket before she could disappear. X and Hacker had taken enough measures to ensure that the bee would not get exposed to a radiation scan, so that wasn't an issue.

It was pitch black and quiet in the pocket, so X could only guess what was happening. Then suddenly, he heard the unmistakable sound of footsteps and knew it was time for the bee to come out now.