Sleepovers and preparations

Sheaf started walking in front of them

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Sheaf started walking in front of them. To any ordinary person's eyes, it would seem as if he was walking just fine, in fact, even Hacker took her first step thinking everything was normal. But X wasn't fooled so easily. He strode forward quickly and stood in front of Sheaf.

Sheaf jerked his head back and stopped walking. X checked him through to make sure his suspicion was right.

Yes, he was. Sheaf was leaning ever so slightly to his left, putting more weight on his left leg to stand and walk. It was this tiny limp that caught X's attention. That, and his weird behaviour.

'So,' X started in a mock polite tone. 'May I know what's wrong with your leg?'

'M.. mm.. my leg? What's wrong with my leg? Nothing's wrong with it.' Even as he said that he stumbled slightly. In a flash X was beside Sheaf, one arm around his waist to support him. Sheaf groaned as Hacker came to take X's place in front of them with her arms folded.

'Explanation. Now.'

Sheaf gulped. There was no way out of this and he knew it. He'd hoped that they wouldn't notice, but when do things even go his way. He then took one look at X, to make sure he had no other option, then began his surprise story.

'So, you guys know how I went to save that asset guy, right? Well, when I was exploring his house, I tripped on something I didn't see on the floor and hit my right leg's thigh on a broken table,' Both X and Hacker winced. 'No, no, nothing went in, thankfully, but I got a nasty cut. Had to get a few stitches as well. And it's sorta hurting, though I'm trying my best to make sure it doesn't show.'

X sighed beside him. Sheaf gave an embarrassed smile and rubbed the back of his neck. 'It's not the most glorious way to get hurt. I mean, tripping and injuring my leg on a table doesn't sound nearly as interesting as getting shot or stabbed there. And, of course, I didn't want you guys to worry and get distracted. I'm completely fine, you see?'

X shook his head and raised his eyebrows. 'Are you sure you're ok?' Poor Sheaf missed the sarcasm in his voice and took it to mean that X was getting convinced he was fine. So he gave a bright smile and nodded enthusiastically.

Suddenly, without warning, X left Sheaf and took a step away from him. A surprised Sheaf yelped and stumbled and would have fallen if X hadn't caught him again. 'Still convinced you're completely alright?' X asked with the smallest of smirks. Sheaf pouted at having his cover blown.

'It was unexpected. If you had told me in advance...' he mumbled. X laughed in response.

'So, as you would have probably guessed, there is absolutely no way I'll allow you to go to your home in this condition. You'll have to come over to my place tonight. At least until you feel better. You don't even have anyone at your place to look after you.'

Agent Xजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें