Old plans and new plans

hiii people!! Early update cause I won't be able to do it on Friday

hiii people!! Early update cause I won't be able to do it on Friday. Enjoy!!

*******************

     Everyone's eyes widened as well when they gazed into the screen. Not everyone had been lucky enough to get acquainted with X's drone, but those who did had become quite close to it. So to see it in this condition, inanimate though it was, was truly heartbreaking.

'Oh, my word. What happened to it? Why is it so broken' Their team leader gasped. Hacker shook her head and replayed the video where X lost consciousness and was captured. There was more than one distressing sigh at the horrible scene. Hacker, however, was a woman on a mission, and she meticulously scanned the scene to try and find out what happened to the bee.

'There, there!' someone exclaimed, pointing at the screen. Hacker quickly zoomed into the place the finger was pointing and her heart just about stopped. She played the clip in slow motion for everyone to see.

Apparently, X had managed to grab hold of it when he passed that way and had pocketed it. To their severe disappointment, due to all the rough movement when X was caught, the bee tumbled out of his pocket and fell onto the floor.

As if that hadn't done enough damage, one of the guards holding X started walking backwards to support him and started walking backwards. Everyone's heart was in their throat as he took each laborious step, getting closer to the bee.

Even though they could guess what happened now, everyone still winced when the guard finally stepped on X's precious drone. The guards didn't even seem to notice, and just walked away from the scene with X dangling between them. Hacker shut the clip and a deep silence filled the room.

Suddenly, Sheaf bent forward and made slight whimpering sounds, tears rolling down his cheeks. Everyone's heart twisted and contracted painfully at the sight. Sheaf was a light, cool and easy-going person, and seeing him in such a state was quite heartbreaking to see.

'What if..' Sheaf managed to choke out, 'what if the same thing happens to X as well? What if he gets squashed like a bug because of those cruel people?'

Hacker walked over to him and rubbed soothing circles on his back. His sobs slowly receded and he slowly calmed down.

'Sheaf, I can't guarantee nothing will happen to him. None of us can. But what we can guarantee is that we'll try our level best and stop at nothing to rescue him.' Hacker said softly but firmly. Sheaf nodded and managed to fully compose himself and dry up his left-over tears. For his sake, everyone pretended that nothing had happened and proceeded with the planning.

'So your plan seems like a solid one and had quite fewer chances of failure if X hadn't collapsed like that. So, I think we should stick to it as much as possible and only make a few changes here and there.' Their leader proposed.