Discussions and negotiations

Everyone glanced at each other apprehensively for a while, not knowing how to react to the plan very well

Everyone glanced at each other apprehensively for a while, not knowing how to react to the plan very well. The plan had merit, to say the very least, but it was so outrageous and risky that they had to take a few moments to process it.

Hacker tried her best to think of any alternatives to this, but she came up with nothing better than storming the HQ, and that proposition was suicidal because, being a weapons-supplying organisation, those people would obviously have an entire army of weapons and poisons.

And since that plan was out of the window, the next best thing would be to do as X suggested. And based on Sheaf's and Meteor"s expressions, they were coming to the same conclusions.

"Alright Agent X. I think we should go with your plan and start working on the finer details of it," Sheaf said with a soft nod. Meteor and Hacker nodded along as well, giving their affirmative.

X smiled eagerly in response and pulled out his device. "I'll be contacting my manager to go over the details with him and ask for permission to order a small batch of VX for the ruse," X informed them and stepped aside to make the call.

Sheaf surprised everyone by huffing and folding his arms at that.

"What"s wrong Sheaf? Weren't you the one who agreed to X's plan? What's got your gun in a twist now?" Hacker remarked with an amused tone.

He shook his head, taking her teasing words to heart. "No, it's not that. It's just..." he broke off, hesitating. When Hacker waved her hand encouragingly, he continued his words, "It's just that this guy never used to bother with giving me status updates when he was working under me. I even used to pester him about that, but he just gave me puppy eyes, and then of course I had to let it go." he grumbled.

Hacker and Meteor both stifled their laughter at that. The image of Agent X trying to make puppy eyes to get out of a sticky situation was just too ridiculous.

Just then, they heard him disconnect the call with a satisfied "bye" and make his way towards them excitedly.

"Hey, guys! You won't believe what I... wait a minute," he paused and looked at Sheaf worriedly. "Sheaf, is everything okay? You're making that weird face of yours again."

Hacker and Meteor burst out laughing at that, clutching their stomachs from the force of it while Sheaf gave a highly affronted gasp and turned his head to the other side dramatically.

X immediately turned directions at that, apologizing for his words and politely asking him if he was okay, but Sheaf kept stubbornly shaking his head, and when it was clear he was throwing a tantrum, X sighed and let go of the matter with an affectionate shake of his head.

"Yes, so as I was saying, my manager has somehow given his approval for this mission, and he's allowed me access to the emergency funds we keep aside for reasons like these. I just need an anonymous identity with which I can contact them. Hacker, that's something You'll take care of."