Abandoned places and surprise reveals

'This is it, team,' Shell began in a hushed whisper, 'We'll go in there, split up in teams, and go and hunt for the weapon like we've trained

'This is it, team,' Shell began in a hushed whisper, 'We'll go in there, split up in teams, and go and hunt for the weapon like we've trained. It's as simple as that.'

X muttered a small 'I hope,' at the end of her last statement, and his indolent comment wasn't entirely unheard by Shell. She shot him a small glare and he held his ears in apology.

Shell nodded, then turned around to face the parking lot and made a beckoning gesture with her right hand. They all advanced at one go in perfect formation, Shell's team strategically followed behind X's team so he could quickly lead them to the basement.

Everybody paused at the entrance and hid on either side of the opening, guns held up in anticipation of an attack. When no bullets rang through the air, they cautiously stepped into the parking lot with their guns held aloft.

X surveyed the room carefully and beckoned with his hand for his team to follow him. They quietly descended the stairs into the earth's embrace and took their positions behind designated pillars, watching out for trouble.

When X gave the all-clear sign, they rapidly moved forward, switching positions across the room and waiting for a few moments to make sure everything was fine. X made them do this four to five times until everyone was correctly standing in their places all across the room.

X then raised his right hand high in the air and made a fist with it, a practiced sign that they should now begin looking for the weapon.

In all accounts, it should have been a big barrel that housed the dangerous liquid, but when X had read up on the VX, he'd found out that it could easily be compressed into a solid-gaseous state. That meant it could be easily hidden and kept in small containers that could evade their sight.

The only luck they had on their side was that the VX had to be wrapped and stored in a particular type of plastic that was characteristically very shiny and reflective. This meant that it would be easier to spot if the VX was hidden in their proximity.

Over the course of half an hour, they kept hunting around for the plastic cover that could be housing the VX. There were quite a few false alarms along the way, with the commandos finding random bits of plastic lying around and immediately waving their hands excitedly.

During the first few times it happened, there was a great scramble to get to the commando who made any discovery, followed by disappointed groans when they realized that it was not what they were looking for.

It was during the midst of all this searching that X's communicator vibrated slightly. He pulled it out and held it close to his mouth and spoke into it, 'Yeah Shell, what is it?'

Her reply came out in short bursts as if she were struggling for breath, 'X. It was a trap. We're surrounded right now. Come. Fast..'

X quickly concluded that they had been ambushed and that Shell was probably injured at their hand. In a flash, he tucked in his communicator and signaled for everyone to follow him without much noise. Shell had managed to give him a message, but he wanted to keep an element of surprise, just in case.