Disappointments and Eurekas

They got to it once again quite quickly, once someone brought him some water and everyone made sure he was doing completely fine

They got to it once again quite quickly, once someone brought him some water and everyone made sure he was doing completely fine. Shell gave him a few words of encouragement and a pat on his shoulder before leaving the room once again.

Everyone kept giving him tense looks as he helped them figure out where they might have gone wrong. It irritated X quite a bit, and he wanted to snap at them and tell the to stop treating him like a baby, but he pushed it down by reminding himself that they did it because they genuinely cared about him.

'So that's where I felt that something was off. Do you remember when I asked around to check if everything was going well?' X elucidated. The team nodded with realisation striking their eyes.

The team member responsible for that part went through the steps he'd taken, and X gently corrected him in the place he'd errored.

The guy had a very guilty look on his face, but X waved it off for the hundredth time with a wave of his hand and a reassuring smile to ease him down.

Then it was finally time to attempt the whole process once again. The entire room was thick with tension as they began typing out the code required. Every move was double checked and confirmed with before going ahead with the next steps.

This time X too was on high alert, consulting with them every now and then to make sure everything was going on track. Everytime he felt something was going wrong, he made sure everyone knew that and they cross checked all the codes again.

The tension in the room was palpable. The clanking sounds of fingers on plastic keys echoed throughout the room, the sounds carrying the weight of the high stakes. The faces in front of the keys were fraught with anticipation and concentration.

The clacking of keys was only slightly disturbed by the sharp footsteps Agent X made as he moved through the screens that displayed the codes they were typing in, pacing around the room with a quiet tension that was clearly visible in his clenched shoulders.

After what felt like an eternity, a coder announced that he was going to type in the last pieces of the code. Everyone looked up in sync, their breath catching in their throats in unison. They immediately stood up and went to stand around the coder, who looked positively petrified now. X silently glided over to the procession as well, silently watching from behind everyone.

'Okay, I'm gonna enter the lines everyone.' He breathed out. Nods were given from everyone, and he typed in the last few keys for the encryption code.

For a while there was a terse silence as everybody waited with bated breaths. It was almost agonizing as they looked on for something, anything, to happen. X looked like he was about ready to pass out from the mystery.

Then he drew in a sharp breath and crumpled to the floor with a strangled groan, furiously clutching at his back.

The team immediately let out choked screams as they gathered around him in a rough circle, close enough to let him know of their presence, and far enough to make sure they didn't impose on him. A safe distance, basically.