Fakers and makers

'So Shell and Snow have gone into hiding now, which means that they will obviously cut off all obvious connections to them, including wifi ones, and keep their hiding location extremely secretive

'So Shell and Snow have gone into hiding now, which means that they will obviously cut off all obvious connections to them, including wifi ones, and keep their hiding location extremely secretive.' X summarized.

They were bunched around X's office, his real one, and pondering over the plans Shell and Snow had made.

It was still hard for Sheaf and Hacker to come to terms with the fact that X was working for ACE. When he'd talked to his manager about letting Sheaf and Hacker work on the mission in his office with him, they'd been quite discombobulated as he threw around names of his colleagues, ones they hadn't ever heard of.

It took quite a bit of convincing to let them into the building, as they had worked for SHADE, but X figured it out by offering to have them knocked out and brought in so that they would have no idea where the headquarters was.

The deal was quite steep, and Hacker and Sheaf didn't particularly like being knocked out, but it was necessary to be able to work in ACE's HQ, which was quite equipped with the latest technology and a treasure trove of information collected by the agents.

But it was nothing compared to X's office, which shocked Hacker and Sheaf so much that they just gaped at it for a good while, their mouths and eyes wide open. X, who came in after them, just laughed and patted their backs, causing them to finally close their mouths and take a seat.

'Oh my goodness, X! Your office is so cool!' Hacker burst out immediately in that bubbly way of hers. X cupped the side of his neck in response and laughed gently.

'Yeah, I mean, it's pretty decent.' He admitted quietly. Hacker and Sheaf slapped their foreheads in endearment of him. How was someone so talented this modest?

'This? This is modest? Look at all this.' Hacker responded, pointing to the spacious white-coloured room decked with quite advanced technology and high-tech screens floating here and there. Actually, more than the room's contents, it was the fact that X had such a large room to himself was disorienting. In SHADE, he'd adamantly refused to accept his own office, stating that he would be on the field most of the time anyway.

But now that Hacker really thought about it, she realized that he probably hadn't accepted the room because he didn't want to leave any traces of him in case he was caught, or he had to make a quick escape if things ever went south.

'Anyways,' Sheaf intersected, clearing his throat and splaying his hands on the papers in front of him, 'Shall we begin with all the planning?'

'Yeah, right. Let's do that. So, as I was saying, Shell and Snow must have cut off all the possible ties to reach them. First of all, we need to list the possible routes to get to them. That includes the people who they have interacted with, the goods they could have purchased for the mission, and the possible places they need to visit in order to launch the mission.'