Lookalikes and new inventions

The guards had just shifted in the surveillance room and one of the new security that had come in looked soo much like X that for a moment Sheaf and Hacker had to look at him to make sure he was still next to them

'How is that possible?' Sheaf asked, looking at X and back to the guard. He zoomed into his face and features and raised his eyebrows at what they saw. The guy didn't look that much like X, at least not from this close up. But when you looked at him from a distance, they could be brothers, or even mistaken for each other.

Hacker shook her head slightly as well. She'd heard of it happening, heard of the fact that six people in this world looked exactly like you. Heck, she'd even come across a woman who could easily be mistaken for her sister, with the same skin tone and eyes. But she'd never seen this much of a resemblance.

X looked visibly stumped, at a loss for words. He blinked rapidly and inhaled and exhaled deeply. 'Fascinating.' He finally muttered. Sheaf, who knew him well enough, could already see the gears turning in X's head, and hear his thoughts running a million miles a second.

But eventually, it was Hacker who came up with an improvised plan. 'We could use this, er, surprising information to our advantage. I think we just found our entry and exit ticket.' She grinned savagely at X, shifting her gaze from him to the lookalike. 'How do you like playing dress-up?'

X looked at the guard and his features lit up in realization. 'You want me to impersonate that guy and get into ACE that way,' He nodded his head slowly, 'It's a good idea, one that'll possibly work. Now, I can enter that place without much of a worry about getting caught.'

'It's still risky though,' Sheaf warned, being the voice of reason, 'You don't really look like him from up close, and you don't know his mannerisms. We don't even know he sounds!'

X silenced him with a look and a small smile. 'Anyway is incredibly risky, Sheaf. It's a part and parcel of the job, remember? At least now we have a tangible plan in hand, one that we can use to cement all the rest of our details. It's even a good one, and besides,' He added with twinkling eyes, 'It's not like I'm gonna replace that guy forever, right? It's only for very less time.'

Sheaf shrugged. 'Yeah, you're right. It's probably the only way we'll be able to come up with it on such short notice. It's better to spend time perfecting it than waste time trying to come up with a new one.'

'That's the spirit.' Hacker cheered, waving her fists in tiny back and front movements. 'Let's get on with the rest of the planning. Now that we have this guy's identity, you can get in and out of there more easily.'

Sheaf frowned, seeing a slight problem with the plan. 'Yeah, he can get in and out, but what about the horde of people he's supposed to be gallantly rescuing? We can't exactly find lookalikes for the whole bunch.'