Chapter 1

PURSING HIS lips, Lorch stared at the woman who just left his office through the one-way mirror door.

Tumitig siya sa likod nito pero ilang saglit lang ay nahanap niya ang sarili na nakatitig sa maumbok nitong pang-upo bago pa man ito mawala sa paningin niya.

Pumikit siya saka pinilig ang ulo para burahin kung ano mang nakakahibang na pumasok sa isipan niya.

"Fuck you, asshole." Lorch cursed himself under his breath, ceasing himself from shivering from the things that plays in his mind before going back to his seat.

Kinuha niya ang isang maliit na notebook sa drawer ng mesa niya saka ginuhitan ang pangatlong bagay sa plano niya. Lorch stared at the list then coldly smirked. Few more dashes on the lists and he'd be done. Without a sweat.

Sighing, Lorch kept his notebook back in his drawer before he went back to work. Then when the time hit one in the afternoon he took the folder and left his office to go to Crown HQ to study the case under his team.

Aside from owning and running a multi-billion dollar construction company, he is also part of the organization with his brothers and friends. An organization that aims to protect and save people from the evil men lurking in society. Men that prey on innocent people.

Pagkapasok sa pribadong elevator ay pinindot niya ang floor kung saan ang HR department. He'll visit her before he gets his ass to the Crown HQ.

With the folder in hand, Lorch was certain where to go. He went straight to his new employee's table where he found her having a lunch break while eating—

Natigilan siya. What the fuck is she eating?

Junk food? For lunch?

Lorch frowned and ignored the hushed greeting from his employees.

"Junk food is unhealthy and not a good food to have for lunch," saad niya sa babae na napapitlag sa bigla niyang pagsulpot.

Mabilis itong napatayo. "B-boss—"

"Is that you're going to eat for lunch?" Lorch narrowed his eyes at her food.

"Um... yeah." Kinamot nito ang namumulang pisngi. "I was eager to finish some work and didn't bother to grab something to eat at the cafeteria," anito.

Umiling siya saka maayos na nilapag sa mesa nito ang folder na naglalaman ng CV nito.

"Follow me," he ordered and turned to leave.

Ilang hakbang ang ginawa niya bago siya tumigil at nilingon ito nang hindi niya maramdaman o narinig ang pagsunod nito.

And there she is, still rooted in her place as she looked lost while staring at him.

Kiniling ni Lorch ang ulo niya. "I said follow me. That's an order," he said, tone strict and commanding.

Bumuntongo-hininga siya ng aligaga nitong pinulot ang bag nito saka sumunod sa kanya. Tinignan niya ang ibang empleyado niya na naroon at kinunutan ng noo kaya't nagbawi ang mga ito ng tingin.

They should know better than get curious about his business. He doesn't want to hear even a word from them.

Unang beses niyang tumuntong sa floor na iyon para personal na puntahan ang isang empleyado kaya siguro ganon na lang kung tumingin ang mga empleyado niya. Kadalasan ay naroon siya kasama ang sekretaryo niya para kausapin ang mga empleyado at tignan narin ang lugar at makilala ang mga ito.

Lorch hold the open sliding door of the lift until the woman was inside his private lift.

"Where are we going boss?" Tanong nito pagkaraan ng ilang sandali.