Chapter 18

NAPALABI SI Saskia nang mula ng sinabi niya kay Lorch na magtatrabaho siya sa Ravage bar ay tumahimik ito. Not even a what did he utter.

Nothing.

Lorch has turned mute but his face says it all. He's not happy. Not at all.

Saskia sighed when they stopped at the parking lot of the condominium building where she lives. Kahit na anong hindi pagkakasunduan nilang dalawa ay talagang hinahatid parin siya ni Lorch o sinusundo kung may oras ito at nasa isla. Wala parin lasi siyang sasakyan.

Sinulyapan niya ang binata ng hinawakan niya ang doorknob ng sasakyan nito.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" she asked.

"What the fuck should I say?" Lorch replied between his clenched jaw. "Congrats on your work?" he replied, questioning her with thick sarcasm.

"Well..." Nagkibit-balikat siya. "Maybe you should." Saskia slyly rolled her eyes.

Binuksan niya ang sasakyan nito at iibis na sana ng hinawakan nito ang siko niya.

"Look, I'm upset because you working means less time to spend with us together," anito habang pilit na binubura ang yamot sa mukha nito.

One corner of her lips tugged up into a bitter smile as her heart thumped erratically from his word but she reminded herself not to even hope on his words. There is nothing into it to hold, not even a sweet tune of his words will change the fact that he doesn't love her. Lorch just loves her company but not her as a woman.

Saskia sighed. "Lorch, me spending time with you will not pay my debt," she said matter of factly.

"Can I fucking just pay your debt so it'll be done now?" He hissed and let go of her arm before roughly leaning against his seat.

"Lorch, kung makaasta ka naman parang hindi tayo magkikita. There's Saturday and Sunday—"

"Luv, you have to rest!" He glared. "You'll be working nonstop Monday to Friday! You think I'll have a heart to bother you at weekends when I know you're tired?!"

Oh... that...

Nakagat niya ang pang-ibabang labi dahil alam niyang mas lalong uusok ang bumbunan nito sa sasabihin niya.

"You know..." Sakia moistened her lips, averting her gaze. "I'll be working on Saturday night too 'til three am and then Sunday afternoon—"

"What the fuck?.." Lorch drawled, scowling even more. "You fucking kidding?"

Umiling siya saka tumingin sa labas ng bintana ng sasakyan nito. "Lorch, hindi mo maiintindihan dahil wala ka namang problema sa pinansyal."

"No! I understand you, I just don't understand why the fuck do you have to work so much?!" Lorch seethed. "Why do your parents have to burden you with their problems?! Can't they do better?"

"They don't burden me!" Saskia's eyes sharpened when she gazed back at him. "I do this because I love my parents! Don't you fucking question them!"

Nakipagsukatan siya ng tingin dito at ito ang unang nagbawi ng tingin.

Lorch raked his hair and cuss under his breathe while she maintains her glare.

"I'm stating a fact here, luv. You're the one struggling now because they damn trusted a man they shouldn't," anito sa kalmadong boses pero siya nawala ang kalma niya.

Umiinit ang ulo niya sa gagong 'to.

"Don't you trust your friends too?" Saskia shot back, gritting her teeth.

"My friends are not madfucker that would trade our friendship for money."

"How would you know?" she challenged.