Chapter 24

"STOP FOLLOWING me!" Saskia seethed and glared at her ex-boyfriend who has been pursuing her since he saw her again.

Ang kapal ng mukha nitong hingan siya ng pangalawang pagkakataon. Matapos nitong ikama ang mismong kaibigan niya sa mismong apartment kung saan siya nakatira. Come the end of the world, she will never give him another chance. If he could cheat like that, he'll definitely cheat again. At hindi siya tanga para pumulot ulit ng gago at muling pahirapan ang kinabukasan niya.

That's aside from the fact that she doesn't love the man. Kung meron man siyang babalikan na naging parte ng buhay niya at minahal niya kahit na sinaktan siya ay si Lorch iyon.

Sa kabila ng ginawa ng binata mahal niya parin ito. Kahit na naging parte lang siya ng plano nito, kung bibigyan siya ng pagkakataon na makasama ulit si Lorch ay tatanggapin niya basta ba mahal din siya ng binata.

Kung mahal lang ako ni Lorch...

Saskia inwardly shook her head. She doesn't have to think about that stuff 'cuz it is impossible to happen. Lorch doesn't love her and he probably has the best life now knowing that the people who have hurt him have finally suffered their karma.

Karma... Lorch certainly thinks what her family is going through is karma. Losing nearly everything, with her buried in millions of debt, and all the bad luck? Damn, whoever hates her family must be smirking.

Nevertheless, Saskia understands where Lorch is coming from. She doesn't know the story of his life— how he survives life after losing both parents — but it must be tough for him to almost die. Not once but twice. His hate is justified even if it is unfair on her part.

"Babe, please... I deeply regretted what I did."

Saskia sighed, trying to stay calm even if she is on verge of just losing it. Her ex has been harassing her since they broke up and now he's doing the same thing again now that she's back in New York. It'll be not long before he'll bombard her with text and call if he ever gets a hold of her new number and social account.

"That is nice and I hope you also soon regret following me around. I don't love you anymore, Fred. I love someone else already. That doesn't mean you don't see me with a man, I'm still into you," saad niya sa kalmadong boses pero hindi niya mapigilang ipakita na naiirita siya.

Binuksan niya ang apartment niya at pumasok saka nag-iwan ng konting siwang para makausap niya ang lalaki.

"Babe, come on, last chance? Can't you try it with me? I don't believe you can love anybody else that fast when I still love you."

Sakia rolled her eyes and pursed her lips in derision. The audacity of this guy is maddening! Ugh! How unfortunate that he's part of my memories!

"Look, Fred—" Pinakatitigan niya ito. "I don't love you anymore. Get it? I feel nothing— no sparks or anything — NOTHING. So please, leave alone."

Tumalim ang mata nito. "No! You're just mad that's why you're refusing to get back at me but you still love me that I am sure. I'm not gonna give up, Saskia. Not now when I realized you mean so much to me."

Napangiwi siya. Cringe.

"Sorry..." Saskia shook her head. "We're not getting back together. No chance, Fred."

Isasara niya sana ang pintuan ng pinigilan iyon ng lalaki.

"Step back." Saskia warmed, feeling a bit afraid as she could see the desperation in Fred's eyes. "Don't try to force yourself in, Fred. Go home."

"Saskia."

"Who's there?"

Nagsalita mula sa kusina ang kasama niya sa apartment, kasunod ng isa pang boses ng lalaki. At mukhang narinig iyong ni Fred kaya umurong ito.