Chapter 7: The birth of Lady Dark

Marinette POV

I noticed that Luka has been looking depressed lately and he won't tell  me why. Although, I have been given the mean look from Juleka and Rose. After school, I went home to relax until my phone rang. I looked and saw Luka's picture on it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Bet you really enjoy being with Darius?" Luka asked me bitterly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You broke up with me, remember? After school." He replied.

"I don't even remember-." I said. Then something hit me. 

"That's why you were depressed!?"  

"Gee, aren't you a genius? Y'know, I really want to believe the fact that you were the one. I guess I should've went out with Lila instead." He said.

Shock and anger filled my heart.

"Are you kidding me!? You saw that you'd rather date the person who ruined my life!? You know what, screw you!" I retorted and hung up.

I sighed and lay on my bed, only to find a parcel on my desk. I looked at it and saw it was from Darius. With a smile, I opened the package and found a pair of earrings with silver butterflies on them.

"Wow." I gasped as I took one good look at them. As I tried them on. 

Suddenly, I felt as if something was taking control of me. I tried to regain control but it was too late. I stood still and heard a voice in my ear.

"Welcome to the team, Lady Dark." She said.

I let out a broad smile and replied.

"Glad to join the winning team."