Chapter 10: The new couple in town

Luka POV

After what happened last night, I couldn't stop thinking about how Marinette willingly allowed herself to be akumatized. Maybe it was because of our argument or because of Darius. It was hard to try not to think about her.

"Hard to believe that Marinette was more than happy to go off the deep end." Corrin said, resting her head on Gorino.

After Corrin and Gorino revealed they were dating, Corrin also revealed that she's a girl dressing up as a boy due to her being bullied because of her girly nature, much to our shock. Regardless, we supported them, though it made me miss Marinette even more. After Su-Han's disappeared, our old P.E., Armand D'Argencourt , returned from the tournament to take his place. 

Suddenly, we got a notification from the Bugnet that showed an article: "The New Couple In Town." and showed a picture of Darius and Marinette kissing.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Tom said, retching in disgust.

"There goes my lunch." Corrin groaned.

I scoffed as I turned off my phone and saw Marinette and Darius chatting and laughing. Her hair was braided and dyed black. She wore a jet black leather jacket, red blouse, dark blue jeans and black high top boots. She still had the silver butterfly earrings.

"I'd better go. See you later, babe." Darius said and pecked her on the cheek, much to my anger. He left.

"Ok, seriously. What the hell, Marinette?" Chloe demanded.

"Yeah, why split up with Luka and date him?" Tom said, jabbing his thumb at Darius' figure.

"What's it to you?" She asked with a scowl.

"I think you already know. He's a member of the Brotherhood." Roxanne said.

Marinette shrugged, much to our shock. 

"I don't see how it's a problem. You're all just angry I called in quits. It doesn't matter, I already don't miss being Ladybug or the Guardian." She said.

I clutched her shoulders tightly.

"Melody, what happened to you? This isn't like you." I asked.

She pushed me away angerly.

"Don't call me Melody, Couffaine. And don't talk to me again. The same goes for all of you." She growled and left.

    "Well. I guess the akuma did a lot more than just abandon her old personality. It even ruptured her perspective on people." Gloria said, scratching her head.

"Yeah. Something's not right. The real Marinette wouldn't do something like this. It's gotta be those earrings." Corrin added.

"Yeah. Maybe." I muttered, clutching a silver ladybug necklace around my neck.

" I muttered, clutching a silver ladybug necklace around my neck